h5.2tc wont find channels

live2give

hi got my box and installed ipab 1.3.5, but

went through the guide and did the following:-
1) disabled sat, setup tuner to correct netid, provider scan vm for my area, then setup provider for boquet for my area, scanned and it failed after about three seconds.
2) then as someone else suggested configured tuner and left netid to 00000 tried again failed
3) then tried bruteforce on symbol 6952(symbol for area) failed again.

checked cable by removing isolator(will that make a difference on signal?) from wall socket and directly attached 2 ways splitter i got when i got new s hub3.
same problem.

any ideas, thanks in advance.

How did you set up your autbouquetmaker, don't use cablebruteforce, keep scrolling until you see virgin uk, then you set your local area, save it then try a scan again m8..

In tuner config, you only need to add your area network id - nothing else needs changing.

You have plugged the cable into the RF port into the back of the box haven't you?

Great thanks guys seems to work now!! but have a funny problem some of the channels work fine. but other don't show the channel data i.e symbol rate MHZ etc and dont do anything at all black screen and shows 0% signal. its like it found the channels in the auto scan, but is missing the channel data lots of them not working other are fine.
SNR is 94% so not a poor signal.

rescanned in my proivder area but problem seems to persists. anybody else with ipab had the same problem (1.3.5)

Di you get the correct virgin uk [ telewest ] [ pure ] [ ntl ] these are the areas in there as well as cablebruteforce all ??

yeh tried the telewest as it is my area.
and put correct net id in network id. its weird because it seems it picking up the channels but perhaps it wrong area as some work some dont.
when scanning proivder in auto bouqets does it overwrite the previous found services? or do i have to delete and start again?

thanks,

Did you do an auto scan previously? if so and you haven't set the ABM config to remove none ABM bouquets then they will remain.

It should override the last scan m8, see if there's a cablebruteforce uk option m8.. have a good look as you scroll along, as you must be missing something

then tried the brute force scan on correct symbol and network, then tried scan on telewest, list all channels found but same problem lots of channels don't show the data for channel, QAM, symbol frequency etc. and the ones that do work shows SNR 92-94% plus all details mentioned before so i dont think the problem is with the signal.
are there any other builds rather than ipab 1.3.5 with cable skin? h5.2tc box

cheers,

Back