H5... H2h mismatch

mrblue

I bought a h5 off ebay. I couldnt get openatv to flash on it.

Went through box and noticed info said the box said it was a H2H, even though front of box says h5

Flashed 6.3 h2h software and its fine but not sure if i should keep box.

Could there be an issue?

It says boot on front screen as well, no percent increase. And when box is booted up and it is working fine, but still says Boot on front display very strange.

I know you can rename box, your post makes no sense.

The box was sold as a H5, it has H5 on front of the box but it doesnt take h5 software. It takes h2h, as what software tells us

It says boot on front screen as well, no percent increase. And when box is booted up and it is working fine, but still says Boot on front display very strange.

I know you can rename box, your post makes no sense.

The box was sold as a H5, it has H5 on front of the box but it doesnt take h5 software. It takes h2h, as what software tells us
If you want the box software to say H5, download and flash the openatv image for the H5.
If someone in the past has flashed ipab or other cobbled together builds, these are all based on one image so it will say H2h whichever box it's in.
When someone flashes that box online, it gets the newest H2h image because that's what it's already got.
No idea why it's saying boot on the front, try the H5 image manually but I doubt it will make much diffrence

Or maybe someone had flashed the wrong bootloader onto it maybe?
I had this with an h2s it would only flash with h5 images until I flashed the h2s bootloader

Back