Cable H7C info for newbie

Goodolpete,Most images are very similar but have options in different files/menu options. If you are still having problems, try the following.
Format your usb stick ( preferably 1 - 16 GB) in fat32 on your pc.
Unzip an image file until you get a folder called ZGEMMA. Be sure it is a H7 image
Copy that ZGEMMA folder to the usb stick without any other files.
Insert the stick in the bottom usb slot in the Zgemma
With the Zgemma off, hold the button under the front flap, press the white button at the back next to the power cable still holding the front button until the display panel changes from BOOT to FSLH
Sit sown and have a cup of tea until the message on the tv screen asks for input at which point you are up and running.
Willa some boxes may be different because my H7C has tuner A - sat, tners B & C cable/terrestrial
Hi, Jim. Thanks for your reply.
Followed your instructions word for word, and no flash started. Can you suggest anything else I can do please?

have you pressed the hidden button behind the front panel/flap? This button is to start the flash process from USB, power system on with USB inserted, press & hold the panel button to being flash.

My next job is to put VIX on partition 2. I’ve put a recovery image on the stick.

USB flashing only flashes partition 1 and wipes the other partitions.
You need to copy the zipped ViX image file (NOT THE RECOVERY IMAGE) to wherever on the HDD ATV flashes from and use Image Manager.

I found this on another forum.
By default Flash Online looks 1st in /media/hdd/images but as Abu has said you can ftp the ViX image zip to any folder and use the local (yellow) button to find the zip
have you pressed the hidden button behind the front panel/flap? This button is to start the flash process from USB, power system on with USB inserted, press & hold the panel button to being flash.
hi, BF.
Yes, I’ve done that every time. I tried before power on, and also when boot appeared.
Thanks anyway.

USB flashing only flashes partition 1 and wipes the other partitions.
You need to copy the zipped ViX image file (NOT THE RECOVERY IMAGE) to wherever on the HDD ATV flashes from and use Image Manager.
Funny you should say that. I’ve just found this in another forum.
By default Flash Online looks 1st in /media/hdd/images but as Abu has said you can ftp the ViX image zip to any folder and use the local (yellow) button to find the zip

I was going to post the q of which folder to ftp the zipped VIX file to, so partition 2 is populated. Can anyone tell me please?

I may have been making a newby mistake. To look in the box I connected my Ethernet. To do that,
I powered down. After connecting the Ethernet, I powered up, holding the front switch behind the flap down.
It flashed .

there was a step by step guide on here somewhere for ATV but with the increased use of prebuilds very few go down the self-build route :disappointed:
I have used most base images at some point with ATV & VIX being the most common (ATV is German produced software & VIX is English produced software), both perform equally well imo

Last edited:
I’m using grid EPG ATM. The channels appear in alpha order. Can I change this to channel number order,
or do I use another EPG?

some of the most commonly used plugins when putting an image together:-

(located in extensions)
cashflush, e2speedtest, epgimporter, permanentVFD, E2iPlayer
(located in system)
autobouquetsmaker, service app

optional: IPTV plugins XCplugin, JediXtream

TK member made plugins:
Chabs Skins
dsayers2014 custom bouquets mix
grog68 movie organizer

The above in not a full list of plugins or a build guide, just an example of the most common plugins used for Enigma2 systems (mostly ATV & VIX), some time ago many TK members painstakingly went through the plugins list testing which will work & which wont depending on box compatibility: an example of this is permanentVFD which works with Zgemma but can cause a blue screen crash on other makes such as Edision so an alternative clock plugin is used instead.

Collecting & installing the plugins doesn't take long but your time is gobbled up by going through every single setting of each plugin along with slowly working your way through the base image setting up options, resizing epg panels & so on to make the image user friendly. The up side to doing all this is you get to know your system well & can set it up the way you want it, there are even scripts to customize/change the layout of some skins for those who have specific requirements.

Last edited:
I included cashflush simply because OP has a zgemma & many will not know the differences between older mipsel systems & ARM systems so you can bet H2S owners will see this thread, at least I didn't bring up Flashexpander (y)

Last edited:
Somehow, I’ve changed a setting somewhere.
When watching a channel, up arrow, menu, enable move mode, ok on channel, new position, ok. The channel moved.
Now I enable move mode from channel list , hit ok on a channel, and it just changes to that channel.
Any ideas what I must have changed?

Back