H7C Sat Advice Please

technom8t

Hi All,

Long time member but been out the game a long time now. Reading through the forums it appears SAT came back then away again and at best is very unreliable if it is back at all. Ive recently purchased a caravan, cant get IPTV as checked my mobile phone signals on site and they are really poor, no wifi either so I'm looking to see what Sat Channels if any I can get via my Zegemma H7c. I don't really need the sports channels but wouldn't mind the entertainment ones like Gold, Documentaries and maybe movies. I'm just not sure what's availible anymore and would be starting from scratch again as I've now basically forgot all from before in terms of flashing etc lol. Any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

Long time member but been out the game a long time now. Reading through the forums it appears SAT came back then away again and at best is very unreliable if it is back at all. Ive recently purchased a caravan, cant get IPTV as checked my mobile phone signals on site and they are really poor, no wifi either so I'm looking to see what Sat Channels if any I can get via my Zegemma H7c. I don't really need the sports channels but wouldn't mind the entertainment ones like Gold, Documentaries and maybe movies. I'm just not sure what's availible anymore and would be starting from scratch again as I've now basically forgot all from before in terms of flashing etc lol. Any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks
Might be easier to just use a normal TV aerial and scan for Freeview channels using the DVB/C/T tuner.
There's no movies etc on Freesat

Ok thanks, so without Internet, there's no way to get the likes of UK Gold, Discovery etc? I'm stuck with just freeview channels?

Thanks

Freeview channels unless you pay for a high speed Internet.
Starlink is a satellite Internet with high speeds available in rural areas but it also has a high price tag

Ok cheers guys ☹️
You'd have to check if those channels are available on the Freesat site.
Also I think you need an internet connection for the EPG on Freesat.
Freeview doesn't need a connection but doesn't have gold etc.
It has two Dave's and a few Quest, Blaze, Dmax channels though

Have you checked all the phone networks? Sometimes one signal is better than the others. If you could get a signal on any network then take a small payg sim and then maybe looked into one of server boxes like discussed in the viark thread? You would not need a big data allowance as you would only be using bits of data.

Have you checked all the phone networks? Sometimes one signal is better than the others. If you could get a signal on any network then take a small payg sim and then maybe looked into one of server boxes like discussed in the viark thread? You would not need a big data allowance as you would only be using bits of data.
Ok, I can get a bit of a signal, varied between 1 and 2 Meg( just short of good enough for IOTV), which I thought may be enough to process bits of data if I could have done something using the h7c I have. I'm still trying to catch up, so with the Viark boxes would the type of channels im lookinh for be availible then and these are Sat type boxes?

Ok, I can get a bit of a signal, varied between 1 and 2 Meg( just short of good enough for IOTV), which I thought may be enough to process bits of data if I could have done something using the h7c I have. I'm still trying to catch up, so with the Viark boxes would the type of channels im lookinh for be availible then and these are Sat type boxes?
Forget about getting a viark box, you'd need a motorised satellite system to get what's available on these

Yes they would have the channels you are after, but to get the best out of the box it's recommended to be able to pick up other satellites too. Just in case the package on one satellite goes down you would have access to other sats.

In my van we can get up to 6 meg and that is good enough for football in SD.
If the camp is busy it will go down to 2 or 3 Netflix will just about work on that for me.

I'm in new Zealand on holiday and the parents have 5mb connection and I've been using IPTV for vod. It's been ok most of the time but when everyone's using it it buffers. Some also just prefer hd sat pictures to IPTV.

Back