Satellite H7s 5.4 openvix online flash to openatv query

quiglo

hi, bought a second hand h7s which has openvix 5.4 on it. I want to move to openatv 6.4 mainly as my line suppliers plugin works much better on it. Not done it before but is it ok to online flash
this image and will it remove/overwrite the openvix or do I need gi try something different for a clean install. Have a h2s and flashed many times but was always the same image so never changed from VIX to ATV in the past.

appreciate any guidance

hi, bought a second hand h7s which has openvix 5.4 on it. I want to move to openatv 6.4 mainly as my line suppliers plugin works much better on it. Not done it before but is it ok to online flash
this image and will it remove/overwrite the openvix or do I need gi try something different for a clean install. Have a h2s and flashed many times but was always the same image so never changed from VIX to ATV in the past.

appreciate any guidance
Openatv 6.4 will overwrite whatever is on there now but I can't see why your provider thinks openatv will be better than Vix.
What plugin are you using?
Don't name providers

Xe plugins 3.09. Good mate of mine who builds a fair few machines said a problem on VIX was with xe vod plugin and recording from it filling up the hdd but honestly never use the vod so might be worth sticking with VIX and trying it out. I just want to get rid of the stuff last owner had so might try 6.2 VIX first with the plugins and see

Xe plugins 3.09. Good mate of mine who builds a fair few machines said a problem on VIX was with xe vod plugin and recording from it filling up the hdd but honestly never use the vod so might be worth sticking with VIX and trying it out. I just want to get rid of the stuff last owner had so might try 6.2 VIX first with the plugins and see
3.0.9 won't work with Vix 6.2 you need v3.1.3 XE plugin.
I've never recorded anything on IPTV so I've no idea about that.
If you're used to Vix, stay with that but like you said flash a newer version.
Openatv 6.4 will also suit your needs but if you're not used to it, it may take some getting used to

Openatv 6.4 will overwrite whatever is on there now but I can't see why your provider thinks openatv will be better than Vix.
What plugin are you using?
Don't name providers
Xe plugins 3.09. Good mate of mine who builds a fair few machines said a problem on VIX was with xe vod plugin and recording from it filling up the hdd but honestly never use the vod so might be worth sticking with VIX and trying it out. I just want to get rid of the stuff last owner had so might try 6.2 VIX first with the plugins and see. Is there any build you would recommend to load on top of openvix

The receiver is hardware multi boot capable. You can install different images in different partitions and try them. They won't interfere with each other.

Back