Satellite H7S EPG not populated

geoffdh

I have a ZGemma H7S which has OpenATV 6.4 with Wooshbuild on top installed
We have just returned from travelling outside the UK and I now find that the EPG is not populated
The only entry is for the current and previous program on the selected channel - see attachment

I have rebooted the ZGemma and also done the following:
Update providers: Menu -> Setup -> Reception -> AutoBouquetsMaker -> Update Provider Files
Scan channels: Menu -> Setup -> Reception -> Automatic Scan
Autobouquets: Menu -> Setup -> Reception -> AutoBouquetsMaker
None of this has made any difference

I am aware that there has been some change to the HD channels, but the channel list shows the HD channels

Thanks for reading and any suggestions gratefully accepted

Attachments

• H7S_NoEPG_20230328.jpg
    H7S_NoEPG_20230328.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
Do you have epg importer installed,if so are the boxes ticked for rytec UK.
Are you using freesat,skyfreesat,iptv??
6.4 and wooshbuild are old and not supported now.

Thanks for the quick reply

I know 6.4 and Wooshbuild are not supported any more, but it was all working ok when we left for our travels in January
Yes there is EPG importer plugin, but I don't know where to find the config for rytec UK
- can you advise
I'm not using iptv

Thanks for the quick reply

I know 6.4 and Wooshbuild are not supported any more, but it was all working ok when we left for our travels in January
Yes there is EPG importer plugin, but I don't know where to find the config for rytec UK
- can you advise
I'm not using iptv
Open epgimporter.
Click sources.
Make sure you have ticks in the relevant boxes for your channels, sky/virgin UK and click all six boxes.
SAVE.
Then import epg

Thanks, will have to try that tomorrow now
I swapped over to one of the other spaces in the H7S which had a working Vix 6.2 and it has hung during reboot - grrr :grimacing:
I'll find the recovery USB and try and get back to where I was

Does the EPG come via satellite or internet
I'm not sure if it may be relevant, but I am having some internet problems
I have wired internet to my desktop, and to a Linksys Velop which acts as a WiFi hotspot and they both seem to be Ok
But downstream of the Linksys Velop, which provides wired internet to the ZGemma box and an NVidia Shield, there seems to be a problem

epg comes by satellite.. And you could ask a Q on wooshbuild as well.

If you use the recovery usb emmc it will delete all your partitions. Can you try a hard reboot and it may boot to 6.4. Setting epg is easy as all you need is openepg to start. I use crossepg as well and epg importer.

Or when box is on press power button ie hold and it may go into multi boot screen.

dont russh

epg comes by satellite.. And you could ask a Q on wooshbuild as well.

If you use the recovery usb emmc it will delete all your partitions. Can you try a hard reboot and it may boot to 6.4. Setting epg is easy as all you need is openepg to start. I use crossepg as well and epg importer.

Or when box is on press power button ie hold and it may go into multi boot screen.

dont russh
Problem solved - sort of, but at least identified

I connected the wired internet source that supplies the Linksys Velop, directly into the ZGemma
The Vix 6.2 partition completed boot correctly, and I was able to then reboot into the original OpenATV6.4 plus Wooshbuild partition
After a few minutes, the EPG was populated correctly

Looks like a fault in the Linksys Velop - which I'll progress seperately
Thanks for all replies and help

Back