H7s spinning Openvix image query

cactikid

VIP Member
I noticed quite a lot of times when looking at recordings from my external 2 tb hdd and press stop / delete that program i have a picture in pip and listings of other recording.

On exit from that screen i get a spinning vix and hear external hdd spinning up and after 10 seconds or so picture resumes and wondered if it can be improved.

Does this box have memory leak with it freezing also .

Do you have a swap file enabled,?
I know lots of people say it's not required, but Linux is designed to use a swap file,
Dunno if that would help tho, but it does seem like the kind of issue

Not yet but with external spinning up i might give it a try.
Not to sure about VIX but there are settings for hard drive in devices for standy and idle time in opetatv , but back to the swap file argument again . Some say not needed on newer devices with enough memory and others will say enable it anyway . also I would check your settings if I personally press stop then I get current stream or sat channel I was watching on pip screen.

Settings are all the same but H7s and Quad and Vu zero all have externally powered hdd , yes finished looking at recorded program pressed stop and deleted and exited straight out and picture perfect and no spinning vix this time.
No idea why it works sometimes and other times it spins and no swapfile setup yet.

Settings are all the same but H7s and Quad and Vu zero all have externally powered hdd , yes finished looking at recorded program pressed stop and deleted and exited straight out and picture perfect and no spinning vix this time.
No idea why it works sometimes and other times it spins and no swapfile setup yet.
pressed stop and deleted is different from pressed stop it may be busy deleting you file from external hard drive it may have spun down then you are accessing again to delete. Even when I access my internal hard drive to go to watch a say recorded movies it does a second + to show movie planner and I have 68% of disk space available .

pressed stop and deleted is different from pressed stop it may be busy deleting you file from external hard drive it may have spun down then you are accessing again to delete. Even when I access my internal hard drive to go to watch a say recorded movies it does a second + to show movie planner and I have 68% of disk space available .
But it's not really deleting it from the movie list but moves it into the trash and latter i remember to delete 3 pages of trash manually.

Forgot to mention the important bit all recordings are on my et 10000 and played on my H7s or Vu Zero.
So the external hdd of H7s powers up and spins sometimes if i stop/delete and exit out of recordings list.
Et is in bedroom always recording and viewing is done on H7s and Vu Zero mainly
Think i need a new brain as the important info is important

But it's not really deleting it from the movie list but moves it into the trash and latter i remember to delete 3 pages of trash manually.

Forgot to mention the important bit all recordings are on my et 10000 and played on my H7s or Vu Zero.
So the external hdd of H7s powers up and spins sometimes if i stop/delete and exit out of recordings list.
Et is in bedroom always recording and viewing is done on H7s and Vu Zero mainly
Think i need a new brain as the important info is important
if you're recording on the ET, do you need a hdd on the H7? or is the ET recording on the H7's hdd?

I've got just 2 boxes, vu Uno with HDD which does all recordings (its the only reason we use the box), then H52tc in bedroom which is normally where we watch recordings. Now and again on the H52tc I get the spinning circle after watching a recording, deleting it and coming out of the recording list and the box appears to hang and I have to power off the h52tc for a few minutes. Sometimes I can go weeks without an issue, other times it happens every day for a few days. The h52tc just has a usb stick for epg/timeshift, but uses vu's Hdd over network for recordings.

Et 10000 has inbuilt hdd and most of the recordings are on that.
H7s has external 2 tb externally powered and the odd timer set and more missed blank recordings.
Zero has external 2 tb externally powered has a few things on it but no tuner feeds and using as a client from the et 10000
Quad has 1 tb externally powered and need to fix box up again for more recordings that were clashing on my et due to times
4 tb nas is under tv for moving films to when needing more space on boxes. Funny as H7s does not see it as possibly on a hub switch for more cat 5 connections.
1 tb nas in office to store more movies in and nearly full. That was my first cloud nas i bought.

Yes h7hs is handy as it has use of my Saorview tuner
Vu solo2 in front room also for freesat and 1 tb internal and need to see where my second feed is but not used for a while
Most boxes are on network and can play most recordings anywhere needed.

if that was me, I would have one big Nas, and let all boxes record/playpack on the nas drive, just have small usb for epg etc on each box.

I have always had internal or external hdds and nas were the newest added.
How many things can record at once and send to nas at the same time

There will be no further buys or addons to my gear.

I have always had internal or external hdds and nas were the newest added.
How many things can record at once and send to nas at the same time

There will be no further buys or addons to my gear.
I don't know the answer but I have recorded from my vu and h52tc onto the vu HDD at the same time, and obviously I could record upto 8 things at once on vu+ and it works, well it did the one time I tested in when i got the FBC tuner, can't see it being an issue on the nas.

If you got the nas, and all boxes can connect to it then try recording on them all using the NAS drive and see how it handles it

if that was me, I would have one big Nas, and let all boxes record/playpack on the nas drive, just have small usb for epg etc on each box.

That's what I use. 8Gb USB stick in each box for EPG, picons and timeshift and everything records to a NAS.

Back