Satellite H7S USB hard drives set up

Paul5939

Hi folks

I have an H7s - previously had an H9s but had continual issues with it which I wont go into. Anyways the H7s seems a lot more solid and gives me two freesat feeds which I need. I wonder if anyone could help me with an issue....I have a USB 3 , 2tb hard drive plugged into the usb3 port. Seems to record fine as long as I watch what I'm recording on IPTV....the minute I put the tv in stand by the recording process pauses. If I watch the IPTV I'm recording, it is fine.

Amyways I have intialised and mouted the drive and have also created a swap file....anyone else suggest anything I'm missing? Could anyone who records frequently provide any tips , screen shots or message me?

cheers folks

You don't need a swap file on a H7, it can even slow the box down. There's plenty of ram onboard. Same goes for cacheflush, get rid if you have installed it.
As far as I know you need a multiroom sub to watch one and record another on IPTV.

That's me done as far as IPTV is concerned I'm afraid. Lots of peeps on here who will be able to help though :(y):

Personally I use JediMakerXtream to generate my bouquets on ViX and it works okay.
There are far too many variables with IPTV to give an answer without knowing about how it is set up.

May be way off target, but you may want to look at the hdmi CEC settings, although the other way round, when I use the zgemma box to switch it on, it also switches on my amp and TV, same with switching it off.
I wonder if you switching off your TV is putting your box into some sort of standby, and therefore stopping recording.

Back