H9.2S cannot connect to network...

Carcosa

Hello one and all, hope things are well...
...this one's on behalf of a friend who's having a 'mare with his zgemma.
I can confirm that all was working okay until he had a change of router (to a better spec I might add)... no matter what is done it states' your internet is not working!' He's connected via Ethernet and it also doesn't work via WiFi.
Before this current state of restricted access we're experiencing I did some checking and also looked at his ip address/general settings et al and turned DHCP on/off and lots of rebooting both of the router and the box...nothing! Brings it home with me, hooks up and instantly it's on and all working dandy... baffling!
What settings would be on a router (it's a Zyxel) that would prevent the zgemma from connecting?

Hello one and all, hope things are well...
...this one's on behalf of a friend who's having a 'mare with his zgemma.
I can confirm that all was working okay until he had a change of router (to a better spec I might add)... no matter what is done it states' your internet is not working!' He's connected via Ethernet and it also doesn't work via WiFi.
Before this current state of restricted access we're experiencing I did some checking and also looked at his ip address/general settings et al and turned DHCP on/off and lots of rebooting both of the router and the box...nothing! Brings it home with me, hooks up and instantly it's on and all working dandy... baffling!
What settings would be on a router (it's a Zyxel) that would prevent the zgemma from connecting?
Have you set nameserver DNS to 8888 and 8844?

That is something that was suggested to him as I changed mine to those too. So the DNS alterations do have quite an impact then?

Often the box will not connect without these changes.
Did you not do a network test at his house?
Ahh, that is interesting.
Yes I did.... we had a nameserver not recognised and ip address not recognised too. I am asking this after the fact see, so will be imparting this information to him or as soon as I can get back to him (he's not too clever with tech)... he's just left the box be as it were.

Back