H9.2S Running Grog - Problem installing Softcams

Befuddled

Hi,

At the minute I've only got mgcamd 1.38 and I need a later version to run my CWS line.

Tried for sometime to download Abu's softcam file via webif, ipk, and usb. Every time it says successfully installed, but when I restart and go into available softcams to download, the list hasn't changed. I still only get the 1.38 version to add.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

If you've added the softcam via ipk then it will already be installed, you don't need to download it.
Go into the softcam manager and change cams in there.

The receiver uses an ARM CPU. Are you sure the feeds (plugin server) has newer mgcamd?

If someone has the newer ipk, can they upload it please?

In a PM to me he explained he'd flashed infinity and used softcam feed 4.3 from the resources section and only mgcamd 1.38 was available
He removed and reinstalled it and still the same.

Today He flashed grogbuild freerange so the newest openatv available.
Still only mgcamd 1.38 in downloadable softcams so not sure what's going on

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. If I use Webif it says successful, but nothing there. If I use ipk, or a usb install I get the message ‘done 0 of 0 files’ installed. Looked in available plugins and downloaded plugins and nothing there bar 1.38. It happens with WB and Grog and tried reflashing numerous times. Now running cccam and all OK.

the ATV feeds don't server the softcams, grogbuild FR uses softcam-feed-universal - 4.3-r0, if you need a more recent mgcamd then you may need to install new feeds if they exist. (sorry not checked for some time).

Is there that big a difference between mgcamd 1.38 and any later versions? I've never heard of someone needing a newer version

Can't use mgcamd 1.38 on ARM boxes
When they brought out 1.45 at the time the new softcam feed was introduced, mgcamd lines could be used.
They won't work with 1.38 on 4k boxes

Maybe OP has it installed already or there is another issue. Only way of establishing issue is to try installing it by command line or list what has been installed.

Not sure.
The op put WBI on latest openatv 6.3 and tried new softcam feed 4.3 posted by you and it wouldn't work.
I advised grogbuild freerange as everything is installed at flash/setup.
Still no 1.45 either in plugins/green or plugins/red

Can't use mgcamd 1.38 on ARM boxes
When they brought out 1.45 at the time the new softcam feed was introduced, mgcamd lines could be used.
They won't work with 1.38 on 4k boxes
I have 1.38 on my arm box, although I use oscam I have used the mgcamd during testing gbfr installation

I've never known it to work personally but maybe they have amalgamated the two into 1.38 now, 1.45 was a softcam but seems to have been removed now

Back