H9 possibly bricked

Hi guys don't know if this is the right place to post but need some advice.

My sister in law is currently using a h9 and somehow has managed to brick the box, boots up but has no remote feedback and cuts to a black screen every few minutes, then brings up the image name. I'd assume it needs reflashed but as we live 200+ miles apart I'm unable to use the old USB reflash method. I think they're on open atv but don't know if it's a recent image or not.

Is there anyway for me to reflash with a new image either through Ftp or ssh client? I can remote access their network and do it from my end, just unsure if this would work?

Again not sure if it's the right place to post so apologies in advance, but any help would be appreciated.

Yes you can flash it from 1000 miles away if you like, use teamviewer or similar.
She needs a decent usb in the box.
Initialise it Then run grogbuild freerange command line in webif /terminal

Thanks for the speedy reply, never used this method before, where do I get the grog build, could you dumb it down for me? Like I said I've never attempted a rebuild over team viewer so 80% of your reply went over my head

You both install teamviewer on laptop /pc
She sends login details to you.
When you login it's like you are sat in her house.
Ask her to send the box ip address 192.168 etc.
Open a browser window and type it in address bar.
This is openwebif of her box.
Initialise a usb in the box first, then
Type root
Click enter
Paste grogbuild command line in and click enter again
The box downloads and installs today's openatv and puts grogbuild over that.
Look in resources section for grogbuild freerange, there is no direct download, the box downloads it itself

Back