H9S frozen on Whooshbuild Infinity screen

eccoboy

Hi all, this is the third time this has happened, each time I’ve had to reflash the box from scratch and reinstall whooshbuild infinity.
Why does this happen and what is the best way of ensuring that it doesn’t happen again?
Is there a way of recovering it without having to start from scratch again?
Thanks for any help folks, really appreciated
A7468211-7A9A-4FBD-AE45-2E505C19E521.jpeg

When you mean frozen as in no control over box with remote or webif.
Was there any updates happening early in the morning that froze box.

I pressume you have a usb or hdd setup on box.

If bootscreen and menu work might the cam have stopped or no network.

I bet any money going you have no usb or hard drive mounted in the box have you ?? Internal memory on these boxes are tiny.

When you mean frozen as in no control over box with remote or webif.
Was there any updates happening early in the morning that froze box.

I pressume you have a usb or hdd setup on box.

If bootscreen and menu work might the cam have stopped or no network.
Hi, yes frozen as in no control at all using the remote. No access to anything..I’m not sure if it was doing any updates to be honest but I think it was set to update in the early hours of the morning if I recall....

So updates of epg and channels had an issue it sounds like.

Lost track what changes/updates to newer versions are running.

Turn off updates not required and comes back to openatv again. Flash it with willobuild instead as 3 times now same issue

Thanks, so install Willobuild instead and I’m guessing that I need to reflash the box to get the basic image on there to start with right?

Hi all, this is the third time this has happened, each time I’ve had to reflash the box from scratch and reinstall whooshbuild infinity.
Why does this happen and what is the best way of ensuring that it doesn’t happen again?
Is there a way of recovering it without having to start from scratch again?
Thanks for any help folks, really appreciated
View attachment 59852
This box gets corruption from pressing remote buttons and all other messing about stuff. Also I have found woosh runs better on atv 6.1 than 6.4, never got any crashing with 6.1. Especially the vpn adder plugin.
Saying that, I did a complete wipe 2 days ago and re flashed 6.4, then woosh and then do cache clear and the box is like lightening. I find the more you press remote buttons trying to fix stuff the worse everything gets.

This box gets corruption from pressing remote buttons and all other messing about stuff. Also I have found woosh runs better on atv 6.1 than 6.4, never got any crashing with 6.1. Especially the vpn adder plugin.
Saying that, I did a complete wipe 2 days ago and re flashed 6.4, then woosh and then do cache clear and the box is like lightening. I find the more you press remote buttons trying to fix stuff the worse everything gets
Your not setting your box up correctly if its crashing all the time and 6.1 is so outdated its not safe to use

Your not setting your box up correctly if its crashing all the time and 6.1 is so outdated its not safe to use
my box isnt crashing, i was trying to help ecoboy. The more you play around with these boxes the worse they get, its only cheap stuff. The golden rule is if its working on your stuff then leave it alone.

never had a problem on zgemma box with wooshbuild just make sure you initialise before you set up wooshbuild or after its setup

my box isnt crashing, i was trying to help ecoboy. The more you play around with these boxes the worse they get, its only cheap stuff. The golden rule is if its working on your stuff then leave it alone.
User error in 99% of cases is the problem not the firmware

Last edited:
The more you play around with these boxes the worse they get, its only cheap stuff. The golden rule is if its working on your stuff then leave it alone.
the better you understand these systems & set them up the better they work, it's the same across the whole range of E2 regardless of cheap or top dollar, as per the above post.... 99% user error & then blame the device, same thing can be said for pre-builds... if you must use a pre-build install them correctly, they all function as they should so it's simply a personal choice which you use. none of this is rocket science/wizardry

Back