H9s problem

Richied4y

Recently me and my brother bought a box each the problem I have is mine keeps crashing and his is fine both have the latest openatv 6.3 and r both running wooshbuild infinity now mine crashed on tues so we swapped boxes as soon as I plugged his box in at mine it crashed I’ve decided 2 go back 2 my h2s box which works a dream has anyone else had this problem head is proper batted with this

the fact that his crashed at yours says to me that it's either a cable fault, have you tried his PSU as yours may be providing an unstable current.

Or it could be outside interference possibly. I would swap cables one by one and see if anything improves

thats probably the issue, have you compared voltages and amperage, just cos it fits doesn't mean it will work lol

i know most zgemmas use the same PSU but it could be under performing and the H2S doesn't stretch it too much therefore you wouldn't know. The H9S may require closer to it's peak performance which it can no longer do

the PSU & HDMI cables would be my first port of call

Your not trying to use a HDD or USB from the H2S on the H9 are you?

I have seen this (or something very similar to it) both:-
a) where a faulty USB disk was attached. Never did find if if the actual problem was the disk itself or the enclosure
b) faulty power supply unit

The h9s is a Good upgrade for the h2s if one sat connection, I agree with all the above posts because when I changed boxes to save time left the power supply from h2s and I had trouble flashing with crashes!! Put the proper one on and no probe since!!

I think it's because when the newer boxes arrive that require a higher amperage PSU, they're compatible with the older boxes as they'll only take the current they actually need. But I'm pretty sure that newer one will be more amps, post a pic side by side if you get a sec so it'll help educate others

Just tried it with the H9s plug and it was no different absolute ball ache
Move it to a different TV in the house with the new plug and a new HDMI cable. Are you using a usb stick or drive with it? Is it freshly formatted or are you trying to use the one from your H2s?
Then eliminate everything step by step, try the old PSU, then the HDMI cable, then move it back.

you will probably discover in the end it’s something trivial, CEC on the TV causing handshake issues so might need to disable it, could be a HDMI cable on its way out that’s bleeding current out and the H9 might not be earthed on the port properly.........honestly though pal, you’ve got more chance of identifying it through the process of elimination rather than speculating on a forum
Follow simple fault finding processes and then report back with your findings, then we can go from there

Even unplug the SAT input too, could be shorting as that even make a sky box play silly soda, redo the connector if you’re able to

They are capable of supplying up to 5 amps but will only supply what is demanded from it by the box/external hdd.
The cheap low powered all in one plug types that used to be supplied with Zgemmas seem to go faulty on a regular basis.

The type u have recommended is the one I have but have ordered a new one just in case

New power lead done the trick thanks everyone

Back