H9twin - network file access [SOLVED] mostly!

Baldlygo

I now have my H9twin setup with wooshbuild and am very pleased with its looks and performance - but (aren't there always buts :laughing: ) I have a small problem to solve.

I like to access my recordings with my Linux laptop Nemo file manager. I can see/view my recordings in vlc - minidlna no problem. I can ftp with Filezilla and can telnet from terminal no problem. OpenWebif has no issues.

Nemo accesses and browses my H2s box without an issue but it cannot connect to the new H9twin - see attachment.

Can anyone help please?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-09-23 12-05-18.png
    Screenshot from 2020-09-23 12-05-18.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 15
I now have my H9twin setup with wooshbuild and am very pleased with its looks and performance - but (aren't there always buts :laughing: ) I have a small problem to solve.

I like to access my recordings with my Linux laptop Nemo file manager. I can see/view my recordings in vlc - minidlna no problem. I can ftp with Filezilla and can telnet from terminal no problem. OpenWebif has no issues.

Nemo accesses and browses my H2s box without an issue but it cannot connect to the new H9twin - see attachment.

Can anyone help please?
New openaTV has a password.
You have to set it up using the remote
Then any programmes/ telnet etc will use that password to access the box

Thanks pabloescaban - I have now set a password and can access the H9twin with Nemo as long as I use Ftp or sFTP. There is still a problem with smb access but perhaps I can live without that.

Have you got the cifs/samba enabled with autostart?
menu system network cifs/samba and ftp setup.
hope this helps.

Have you got the cifs/samba enabled with autostart?
menu system network cifs/samba and ftp setup.
hope this helps.
Yes I have cifs/samba enabled with autostart. The ftp works fine in Nemo and Filezilla - its just the smb that I can't connect - but does on my H2s.

Back