Half drunk bottle of budwiser on kids bus

bazcfc1

VIP Member
Morning everyone as you may tell from the title ive taken my kids to the bus this morning what picks them up for school and drops them off back at end of the school day my 9 year old autistic son sits at back of bus as he's gone to sit down hes found a half drunk bottle of budwiser and brung it to me the company we use through local council does football matches and nights out should I report it or just monitor the situation luckily enough my son did the right thing what would you do

Definitely report it for all you know some dirty sod could of used it to piss in, if the bus is used to transport children then it should be clean especially if it’s had aload of drunk lads on it previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely report it for all you know some dirty sod could of used it to piss in, if the bus is used to transport children then it should be clean especially if it’s had aload of drunk lads on it previously.

I'm in too minds what to do i reported something last time a child needed a wee whilst traveling and he ended up wetting him self and just got told they couldn't stop for the toilet

It sounds to me like the company used are obviously very incompetent, me personally I wouldn’t except it.
Luckily your child had the savvy to show you what he had found, some kids might of tried drinking it thinking it’s ‘cool’ and like I said who knows what could of been in the bottle?
Definitely not acceptable to leave something like that on a bus that is transporting children.

It sounds to me like the company used are obviously very incompetent, me personally I wouldn’t except it.
Luckily your child had the savvy to show you what he had found, some kids might of tried drinking it thinking it’s ‘cool’ and like I said who knows what could of been in the bottle?
Definitely not acceptable to leave something like that on a bus that is transporting children.

Completely agree just been on phone to the transport section there going to pass it on to monitoring team and I've informed school thanks for the advice

Bit shocking that @bazcfc1 my next door neighbour and his wife both drive school transport for special needs etc when he or she start their shift they have to fill out a pre check log book and full walkround the bus/ minibus etc check tyre pressures ,lights ,emergency doors if fitted and a full sweep of interior before its allowed out of the depot etc :(y): totally unaceptable in my opinion and very unprofesional :grimacing:

T
Bit shocking that @bazcfc1 my next door neighbour and his wife both drive school transport for special needs etc when he or she start their shift they have to fill out a pre check log book and full walkround the bus/ minibus etc check tyre pressures ,lights ,emergency doors if fitted and a full sweep of interior before its allowed out of the depot etc :(y): totally unaceptable in my opinion and very unprofesional :grimacing:
Tell me bout it they do private contracts at weekends like football matches hen and stag doo propper wound me up all I got was an apology from driver saying bus should've been checked

Last edited:
Done the right thing baz,I have an autistic son tom 12 years old and he gets picked up and they have a lady on there to help with the kids and she is great,Go through the school is the best and they will deal with it,They will put a black mark against the firm if it happens again

Done the right thing baz,I have an autistic son tom 12 years old and he gets picked up and they have a lady on there to help with the kids and she is great,Go through the school is the best and they will deal with it,They will put a black mark against the firm if it happens again
Have done mate gone through school and council just waiting for reply back don't care what happens to company mate special needs comes first luckily my son brung it to us and not drunk it he knew what it was straight away it's a new company since contracts changed this is second incident with them

I don't know about your specific bus company, or the circumstances of the find, I can, however tell you about my personal experience.
I Do a walkaround check every time I am the first user of a bus.
I look at lights, body, quick look at the wheels(not pressure check), interior lights, warning triangle, fire extinguisher, etc. If I happen to see a bottle, I willl take it off, if I don't, obviously, I won't.
A bottle may be stuck down the side of a seat and I, nor the cleaner may see it. It happens!
I personally would do what you have done - report it to the school and the company.
I think sometimes we expect perfection, forgetting that there is a human element to this. If it were a bottle of coke, would it be such a big deal?
The fact it's children does change it slightly, but to err is human, To forgive is devine!

I don't know about your specific bus company, or the circumstances of the find, I can, however tell you about my personal experience.
I Do a walkaround check every time I am the first user of a bus.
I look at lights, body, quick look at the wheels(not pressure check), interior lights, warning triangle, fire extinguisher, etc. If I happen to see a bottle, I willl take it off, if I don't, obviously, I won't.
A bottle may be stuck down the side of a seat and I, nor the cleaner may see it. It happens!
I personally would do what you have done - report it to the school and the company.
I think sometimes we expect perfection, forgetting that there is a human element to this. If it were a bottle of coke, would it be such a big deal?
The fact it's children does change it slightly, but to err is human, To forgive is devine!
I get where your coming from @wheelo they did say they should've checked the bus but didn't they use their bus for private hire at a weekend so as you will find full of **** heads going out as you have mentioned if was a bottle of coke it wouldn't be a problem but with it been half drunk beer on the bus which takes disabled children too and from school any child couldve picked it up and drunk it not knowing what's in it but I do understand what your saying mate and completely agree

Again, at the risk of sounding Glib, a half bottle of Coke may not be what it seems (could be vodka and coke), and is as enticing as a bottle of beer to a child. It shouldn't happen, but if caught between a seat and the side of the bus, won't be just ratting around and can be missed.
You would have overlooked a bottle of coke(yet that may not be what it is) but focused on the fact it was a bud bottle.
We teach our children not to eat / drink stuff that responsible people haven't given them (I know and appreciate the difficulties with children that have special needs) and I don't know the circumstances, but is there not a helper/assistant on the bus?
The thing is not to get indignant about things, report them and keep up the vigilance on the performance of the new company.

Again, at the risk of sounding Glib, a half bottle of Coke may not be what it seems (could be vodka and coke), and is as enticing as a bottle of beer to a child. It shouldn't happen, but if caught between a seat and the side of the bus, won't be just ratting around and can be missed.
You would have overlooked a bottle of coke(yet that may not be what it is) but focused on the fact it was a bud bottle.
We teach our children not to eat / drink stuff that responsible people haven't given them (I know and appreciate the difficulties with children that have special needs) and I don't know the circumstances, but is there not a helper/assistant on the bus?
The thing is not to get indignant about things, report them and keep up the vigilance on the performance of the new company.
They was a helper on the bus mate the bottle was stood up under my sons seat at the back of the bus thee council has said they are passing onto monitoring team and school was filling an incident report out my son did say there was alcohol under his seat and passed it to the helper who passed it to me like you've said same with a bottle of coke who's to know exactly what's in it the driver did apologise and she didn't know her husband should've checked the bus but didn't I appriciate your imput and advice and all taken on board mate it is a bit of a tricky situation as you have fair points about other things like if it was a bottle of coke i just hope I've done the right thing in reporting it

You have done the right thing in reporting it, my thing is - its not the end of the world, human mistakes happen.
If you didn't report it, then no-one would ever know, so they don't get the chance to fix rtheir shortcomings. now they know - now they get a chance to put in safeguards - Seemples (as those meercats are fond of saying)

You have done the right thing in reporting it, my thing is - its not the end of the world, human mistakes happen.
If you didn't report it, then no-one would ever know, so they don't get the chance to fix rtheir shortcomings. now they know - now they get a chance to put in safeguards - Seemples (as those meercats are fond of saying)
life's a learning curve and we all have to learn from our mistakes otherwise life would be boring

Wheelo some of these special need kids are unable to tell a bottle of coke from a bottle of bud and can self harm/eat/swallow things so very easy,Thus the need for any bus company taking on such contracts that it is paramount that the vehicles are checked and cleaned on a daily basis,We have one little girl cassy who can no longer take part in a class of 8 kids and 3 teachers due to her required needs,She has a thing for licking skirting boards any where she visits and has done for a few years,It is so sad to see these kids and they are so special in every way,I get where your coming from in any one can miss something but it really has to be 100% care taken

Wheelo some of these special need kids are unable to tell a bottle of coke from a bottle of bud
Exactly, don't fixate on the fact it is a bud bottle, report it as it could be a bottle of bleach, or anything else for that matter. My point for Baz is that he should of course report it - allow them to know there was a problem, so they can keep the situation under revision. Meanwhile, there is a human element to this, and mistakes do happen.

Exactly, don't fixate on the fact it is a bud bottle, report it as it could be a bottle of bleach, or anything else for that matter. My point for Baz is that he should of course report it - allow them to know there was a problem, so they can keep the situation under revision. Meanwhile, there is a human element to this, and mistakes do happen.
I did report it mate school has sent incidents report off to the council and is fully aware and the monitoring team whoever they are are looking into it all there was human mistake that the bus wasn't checked from the weekend from weekend work with the bus they've apologised again today and explained I had reported it just hopefully as you have put it mate there is lessons to be learnt from the incident and we all make mistakes

Back