Hallelujah concert Re Joe Duffy Show

moh

Deleted, at user's request.
The organisers "of the Hallelujah concert" issued the following statement to RTÉ's Liveline.

'It's a non-denominational concert open to every school and religion. The removal of Christmas songs this year is a response to complaints from non-Christians in the past

Im so mad at this action taking by the organisers of this concert :bang head: :mad: I am not racist by any means,every one to their own and so on.....but i do draw a line with this ridiculous political correctness,we all know that no one is forced to go to a concert that "may" offend your religious beliefs so its your choice plus no one is forced to live in this country,you come here at your own bequest,im also a firm believer with the saying "when in Rome do as the romans do" people deciding to take up residence in this country should respect the culture and ways of the host country in which they decided to live in.If my other half decided to live in certain other countries she would be made cover up from head to toe etc...why are we as a nation bowing to this political correctness crap :mad:

A simple example, a local bus driver that covers a route near my home would every Christmas wear a santa suit and give sweets to the kids at his own expense whilst driving his bus,this went on for a number of years and what happened this year,well one or more of our new immigrants complained that they were offended by this and the management of Bus Eireann have now informed him that he can no longer do what he has done for years,it was great to see him drive his bus wearing his santa suit and the kids loved it, i just dont bloody know anymore with this country :hop mad:

I'm sick of hearing this crap also Moh, there in our country what happened to " when in Rome (do as the Romans do) :dunno: I also heard this on Joe Duffy today, very sad :(

What complete B@ll0cks , this equates with taking the crib out of St. James' hospital last year, how can someone come to a mainly christian country, and then get offended at christian symbolism? no i cant fathom it either. I work with 57(at last count) nationalities, and have never heard one of them complain about this, i think it is a section of the PC brigade that reports these things, and blames it on the new irish community.
one thing is for sure, if you visit Saudi or some other such state with a different majority religion, my complaints about mosques or call to prayers being too loud, i would be ignored.

we are what we are, all people, so lets just get along as such.

Damn The Begrudgers

Well said wheelo (y) and i would also agree with you with regards to the PC brigade geez id love to throttle some of them.:bang head:

we can worry about others feelings too much, when we have a community, we accept all others for what they are, what they believe in, what colour skin they have, what sex they are and what sexuality that they are.
all are equal, so behave as such. pc in the uk was a disaster from the start, when i lived there for a short period in the early nineties, there was a thing called positive discrimination, which meant that if 2 people went for a job and they had the same qualifications, had equal interviews, everything was the same, the person who belonged to a minority got the job because, the thinking went, their minority got discriminated against in the past.
again i say it we are all human, just get along

oh, by the way moh i am offended by that fat happy man you are using as an avatar, could you get rid of it please. *sly smirk to self* Hee Hee

jaysus youse listen to the first man from ballyfermot to go to college (his words)how old are ya

The avatar is gone wheelo was just testing your sensitivity LOL (y)

Halleuliah Concert

I also am really angry at the decision of the organisers decision not to allow Christmas Carols & Hymns at the conert but was twice as angry when my grandson announced that he had to learn an African song for the concert, this really pushed me over the edge... Has this country gone totally mad, did our ancestors that died in 1916 die for nothing :gah:. , this is Cathlolic Ireland where we have been singing these songs long before any non denominationals decide to come here and try to change our Country & our ways to suit them & their likes. If they don't like the way we do things here , then go back to their own Country where there's no chance of being offended by our Catholic ways. I am sick to my back teeth of all this nonsense. To those that complain about our Cathlolic hymns and our Christmas trees NEWSFLASH: When in Rome, do what the Roman's do failing that you could always go back to your own homeland where there's no chance of you being offended... I can assure if an Irish peron ever visited your Country they would respect that Country's traditions. I'll sing my Hymns & Carol's louder than ever & there's none that will stop me.....

Last edited:
fecking doctors missed half the abcess so im now on tableys again and the **** now has to cut it out tomorrow.fecking brillant.

Back