Windows XP Hard drive backup

cyprusrom

I got a laptop (Gateway) that I bought sometime in 2009. Now the hard drive is failing(all the crash/restart crap, Hard Disk Sentinel reports an 80% life left in it).
Anyhow, I had purchased Square Trade warranty, and they already shipped me box to send the laptop to have the hard drive replaced.

Now, the backup...I am mainly interested in having my settings, my browsers, drivers saved. Most of the programs i will have to re-install, but is there a "wonder" soft that will let me do the replacement as pain in the arse free as possible? I don't wanna have to do all manual saving/replacing(for example even for simple Firefox reinstall, not having to save all the passwords/accounts/settings/add-ons.
Cheers!

Acronis True Image Home will image the entire drive but it's not free.

The image it creates can be restored to a new HDD leaving you exactly as you were before replacing the HDD.

To restore a full system only takes about 15Min.

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you will get a torrent for the Acronis boot media disc? It's all you will need (y)

Like Gman, and because of his recommendation, I too use Acronis. However, prior to that I did try some free ones and this one worked pretty good. DriveImage XML Backup Software - Data Recovery Product
You might give it a try prior to sending the laptop off and see what you think.

Edit: No need of that as I see you managed to get Acronis. Good luck mate.

Last edited:
Back