Hard drive filling up, no idea why..

Louism92

Hi guys,

I have a 500gb hard drive connected to my box for timeshift, i never use it for recording as i use kodi for ‘catch up tv’, i’ve just deleted all the timeshift files that should have deleted themselves but i’m still stuck with just 150gb free space, i’m thinking about recording stuff whilst at work or overnight but i can’t with this problem, any ideas?

you may need to re-format and initialise it and check all your timeshift/recording settings are correct

you can reduce the number of files used by timeshift by pressing the menu button on the remote and selecting Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> timeshift settings and reducing the 'timeshift buffer limit' and 'Timeshift last events limit'

As for finding what else is on your hdd, can you browse to it via file manager on computer and see what files are on there? ie backups, iptv cache, Images folder if flashed online.

Already checked the content via my pc gents, theonly files that were above 100mb were the timeshift files, everything else was nothing huge..

Think i’ll format and initialise again, then check over my timeshift settings again, cheers lads.

Back