Hard Drive recording problem

Kenkidd

Hi All,

I have just changed my H7C (Died) for an H9 Twin SE and have come across a problem.

I had a USB hard drive connected to the H7, that showed up in the Network directory in a ZGEMMA folder, and I could copy and paste MP4 files direct into Zgemma/harddrive/movies and watch them on a television.

The H9 seems to be connected to the network OK, the USB hard drive is mounted as hdd/media and direct recordings show up in the File List as normal.

The not normal bit is that the ZGEMMAH9TWINSE folder on the computer under Network is now preceded by a
" ? " and the hard drive is nowhere to be found.

Almost certainly something I have or have not done but any ideas as to what could have caused the change would be appreciated.

The H9 is running OpenATV 6.4 with no other build, as yet.

Ken

Hi All,

I have just changed my H7C (Died) for an H9 Twin SE and have come across a problem.

I had a USB hard drive connected to the H7, that showed up in the Network directory in a ZGEMMA folder, and I could copy and paste MP4 files direct into Zgemma/harddrive/movies and watch them on a television.

The H9 seems to be connected to the network OK, the USB hard drive is mounted as hdd/media and direct recordings show up in the File List as normal.

The not normal bit is that the ZGEMMAH9TWINSE folder on the computer under Network is now preceded by a
" ? " and the hard drive is nowhere to be found.

Almost certainly something I have or have not done but any ideas as to what could have caused the change would be appreciated.

The H9 is running OpenATV 6.4 with no other build, as yet.

Ken
Have you tried rebooting the router?

Leave it powered off for about 4-5 minutes then restart it and do the same with the box, then try the network on your PC/laptop again

Try putting the IP address of the box in Windows Explorer preceded by \\

1675527827851.png

I've always had limited success connecting to my boxes through the network option.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Pablo, I tried turning the router and box off but no luck there, I'm afraid.

Willo, sorry I should have said I was running on a Mac not a PC. Not having Explorer,I tried your suggestion in a couplle of places (more in hope) but nothing, i"m afraid.

Moshibeth, I had Whooshbuild from my 1st Zgemma and decided to try without it this time. Did have a quick look at grogbuild and might try it later.
As I have been using the boxes just as a way of getting UK tv here in France, running basic OpenATV doesn't seem to be much different to how it was with Whooshbuild, maybe less "pretty".

Again, thanks,

Ken

Thanks for the replies guys.

Pablo, I tried turning the router and box off but no luck there, I'm afraid.

Willo, sorry I should have said I was running on a Mac not a PC. Not having Explorer,I tried your suggestion in a couplle of places (more in hope) but nothing, i"m afraid.

Moshibeth, I had Whooshbuild from my 1st Zgemma and decided to try without it this time. Did have a quick look at grogbuild and might try it later.
As I have been using the boxes just as a way of getting UK tv here in France, running basic OpenATV doesn't seem to be much different to how it was with Whooshbuild, maybe less "pretty".

Again, thanks,

Ken
Most welcome kenneth (y)

Back