Has my box been hacked?

calibos

Recently noticed around a dozen episodes of NCIS were recorded on my Hdd through my zgemma box which I didn't authorize because its a program I have never watched, and also at 4am this morning, whilst upstairs asleep, the box fired up which fired up my surround sound max volume and woke up the whole household. After around 5 min's of pooing my pants thinking there was somebody in, the system automatically switched back off. "I am now very paranoid" :anyonethere:

Have you ever accessed the box from outside your home network? Seen other examples of people saying this and was due to their network not being secured and port forwarding being on

Have you opened ports on your router and set up port forwarding for remote access?

If so you need a stronger password on your box.

If not . . . . . . . 'play music from Tales of the Unexpected' . . . . . . .

Check your auto timers. Funny enough it was also NCIS that seemed to be recording randomly for me until I figured them out. Menu > Timers > Autotimers.

4 am sounds like a good time for abm scan or epg lol.
would you like a new message on your tv screen also?

Hahaha sorry mate that did just make me lol maybe the box turned on after the abm update as for the ncis that kiddac's favorite :)

Until you find the cause of the box starting up I would turn off the HDMI CEC.

At least the TV won't (shouldn't) turn on at silly O'Clock

Recently noticed around a dozen episodes of NCIS were recorded on my Hdd through my zgemma box which I didn't authorize because its a program I have never watched, and also at 4am this morning, whilst upstairs asleep, the box fired up which fired up my surround sound max volume and woke up the whole household. After around 5 min's of pooing my pants thinking there was somebody in, the system automatically switched back off. "I am now very paranoid" :anyonethere:

Apologies as this was an oversight which we didn't pick up during the beta test stage !
It has now been deleted and rectified on the current build version.
Please update to the latest wooshbuild and it solves the problem.
The EPG was set at 4am for updates but has also now been changed on the latest nightly build to 10pm instead.

Why would the EPG update turn the tv on and record programmes?

The EPG was set to update in standby at 4am daily.
It would not turn the tv on until the HDMI CEC setting was set to on.
The NCIS issue was due to Woosh's base build still containing those settings which were not removed after the final testing was done.
If he had loaded the build a few days later he would have had some episodes of EastEnders as well !!..lol
This highlights the importance of the nightly update Woosh does as any problem found is sorted on a daily basis and the new download corrects it.

Leave my pron out of this, but yes it could have been a lot worse.

HDMI CEC as said before does seem to turn the TV on when doing a 4am, channel scan. Set it to a time in the day and even if the TV is on it will still scan.

NCIS is a good program and "we" thought it would be nice to share it with every early downloader of WooshBuild v3.00. Again as said before, either flash online to the latest WooshBuild image or go into auto timers and remove from there.

Last edited:
Back