Have lost sound on VU+ Zero 4K

lalineaman

TK Supporter
I am not sure whether this is the place for this particular post, - as it has to do with sound, rather than the reciver itself - so please forgive me if not!

I have had to dismantle my entire motoirsed satellite setup and now that I have put it all together, I can receive channels from satellites 23.5E to .8W fine, but I have no sound on the receiver, but the sound is fine on OpenWebif...

Does anyone have any idea why this would be?

I would appreciate help.

Thank you.

Done your usual tests when powered off tv and box hdmi inserted fully,then on.
Volume is up on tv and box and neither is set on mute.
Try 28.2 say bbc 1Hd.

Hi and thank you for your reply!
Have done all the necessary tests, yes... Have even tried HDMIs from other appliances, with the same result. Have returned the HDMIs to their respective gadgets and they work fine.

The one thing that I have changed from my old set up is the LNB, but I have tried TWO and the result is the same: No Sound!

You did not go plugging and unplugging cables while powered on i hope.
Try your audio button and try selecting a different stream.
Audio settings i would check to see if set for correct language.

I think that I have checked everything Can you please explain what you mean by ' a different stream'? I have checked the language and that is set correctly.

On the subject of powered on... Would that not have damaged the received itself, rather than just the audio? I do think that I turned everhting off beforehand, but you have me thinking now.

Power surge can happen and its possible to blow ports on boxes and tvs,if you had tried another item on that hdmi and it works lead and port seems ok.

like that scroll down for another stream

Attachments

• audio track..jpg
    audio track..jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 5
May I just ask, please... If I do a factory reset of the receiver, will it lose all the flash and image intformation?

Never factory reset as more harm can be done,Over time things happen and you can reflash to a newer image if needed.
What image are you running on box.

@caktikid

Thank you for your replies so far!

Have tried everything and cannot get sound from the receiver but sound is fine via OpenWebif onto other devices...

Do I have any of hope of getting it back or do I have to replace it?

Back