Have you had the Indian-made AstraZeneca jab?

bonus2010

VIP Member
Reading a report in the "Metro" today where it states that "millions could be banned from EU holidays over Indian-made AstraZeneca jab.

Metro said:
Up to five million Brits could potentially be barred from holidaying in Europe because they received an Indian-made version of the AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine, reports suggest.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has yet to authorise doses produced by Covishield at the Serum Institute of India (SII).

In fact, the report staes that EMA approval hasn't even been requested by Covishield.

The significance of all this being, those given the unauthorised jab could be turned away at EU border crossings, according to the report.
Imagine the NHS not telling patients that they're receiving a non-EU approved vaccination. Mind you, the AZ vaccination isn't approved by the
United States' FDA either, to the huge disappointment of Bruce Springsteen fans in New York.

>>> Click here for Full Metro Report <<<

Both mine and my partners 1st jabs are from those batch numbers. So I guess we will not looking for a holiday in Europe. Guess we are looking USA/Canada/Caribbean North Africa when we are allowed to visit. Not loss for me not visiting Europe.

It really won’t make a difference, just newspapers doing what they do best and sowing a bit of fear and doubt. It’ll be approved within a month now they’ve shared the efficacy data.

it’s also down to member states weather to accept vaccines that haven’t had EMA approval for travel.

You’ve more chance of the rest of the world denying entrance than europe due to vaccine status as we all used to sharing info between medical regulatory bodies.

AFAIK. Spain have said they are accepting people with the said batch numbers.

I suppose we'll find out in a couple of weeks, as we're of to Gran Canaria.

Let the fun begin
Yeah each country can decide for themselves. No way are Spain going to pass up tourist dollars for a minor technicality. It’s the same jab made the same way, it just also needed auditing because it’s a different country of manufacture.

Oh FFS

My first jab was a Vaxzevria approved batch my second was an unapproved Indian batch number.

Brilliant.

Back