Having troulbe with a NAT error on the xbox

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
my sons xbox keeps signing out and coming up with a NAT error But although ive searched i do not understand. I could contact vm but well not sure they will muck up my system.

Ive got the superhub which is a netgear CG3101D. it mentions about port forwarding/triggering when you go on the xboxlive page but i just not understanding what to do. it says Open the following ports:

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
but where ? ive looked under the forwarding /triggering which is all blank.

So any help form one of you guys would be great!

Also my wifi printer often goes offline not sure if its maybe due to same problem with the router. Which is on auto for channel

[video=youtube;0qpPjKkzGO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qpPjKkzGO4[/video]

Try this Linny, I know it's a different model number but the basics are the same.

It's not that complicated Linny.

You just need to access your router and open those ports to allow communication back & forth between the Xbox and the Microsoft servers.

Access your router:

Your router is accessed by entering its IP address into your Browser address bar.

It's usually something like 192.168.1.1 and the default username & password is normally "admin" "password" (For Netgear) or simply "admin" "admin" for other models unless you have changed them yourself)

To find exactly what your routers IP address is, simply open the command prompt(Start<RUN<CMD & type the following

ipconfig /all & hit the return key.

Look for the line that says "Default Gateway" and the numbers to the right of that will be the ones you need to access your router.

Once you have access to the router Admin page look for a TAB called something like "Applications & Gaming". You can set the ports in there & there should be a drop down box to allow to open the relevant ports for either UTP, TCP or BOTH.

Thanks J yh mine is more modern than that but have set that up also with the other ports that xbox mentioned and will see how it goes!
Gman mine has got
Add WPS Client
Setup
Home
Basic Settings
Wireless Settings
Guest Network
Content Filtering
Logs
Block Sites
Services
Maintenance
Super Hub Status
Connection
Set Password
Backup
Event Log
Diagnostics
Advanced
Wireless Settings
Port Blocking
MAC Filtering
IP Filtering
Port Forwarding
Port Triggering
DMZ Host
LAN IP
Remote Management
Static IP Subnet Setup
UPnP
Modem Mode
port forwarding port triggering 2 different heading, so done similar to the vid and will see if they do the trick! honestly technology everyone expects mum to sort it lol!

Last edited:
[video=youtube;2rcaUh0bmWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rcaUh0bmWM[/video]

Try this one also Linny.
Ahhh technology, it can drive you mad ;)

J it is this week lol xbox seems to be ok but will see if he moans tomorrow. So glad i got you guys to help. If i remember we had same problem with his other xbox & vm told me it was the channel i was using.

Strange thing is we have never had a problem with my other sons xbox, but only had the problem with both georges xbox's whilst upstairs in his room. Works ok in the downstairs rooms. So wonder if it is a signal problem. The new xbox is wifi and worked ok for the 1st week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Happy to hear you got it sorted out Linny :)

I used to have a netgear router/modem a couple of years ago and it always seemed to be a little wonky, came pretty close to throwing the thing out the window a few times LOL switched to a 2wire unit and never had a problem. Hopefully the problem is solved and you won't hear any more moaning :)

If you do manage to log into the router just switch NAT off,.this enables better online communication between players when on xbox live. You'll see alot of multiplayer games will show the status of your NAT in the in game menus

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

axxxo said:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->If you do manage to log into the router just switch NAT off,.this enables better online communication between players when on xbox live. You'll see alot of multiplayer games will show the status of your NAT in the in game menus<br />
<br />
HTC Desire S~Tapatalk<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

On my supa hub i dont have NAT to turn it off which why i was a bit confused ad to what to do. Its my modem/router all in one from virmin so cant just change it back to the belkin one i used to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You could try switching on "modem mode" on the super hub and then connect your old wireless router to the super hub and configure the settings through that instead.
When the super hub is in modem mode only one ethernet port will work which is where you would connect the ethernet between the super hub and your old wireless router.

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

You could try switching on "modem mode" on the super hub and then connect your old wireless router to the super hub and configure the settings through that instead.
When the super hub is in modem mode only one ethernet port will work which is where you would connect the ethernet between the super hub and your old wireless router.

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk
take it i would do that via the advanced settings on the hubs page as there is only 1 button on/off on the router/modem

Gone to the webpage and can see where to change it. Will see how things go and check if i still have the belkin one.
Thanks Axxxo

Good luck with it, disable any firewalls on the router and on the hub of it has one and make sure UPNP is switched on in each of the devices settings.

HTC Desire S~Tapatalk

Back