HBO Max

tqd12

Hi all,

Is Argentina still the cheapest way of subbing to this via VPN? Using ControlD, it's offering 12 months for $ 3.499,00 AR which works out £21.69.

I am trying it out at the moment - but the first charge on my credit card was higher than expected (but still lower than what I was paying in Mexico before). Might be due to this whole digital tax thing.

I can let you know what the next charge is when it hits in a couple of days. I heard Colombia is similarly priced to Argentina, so may try that out next, if the charge continues to be too high

Last edited:
I am trying it out at the moment - but the first charge on my credit card was higher than expected (but still lower than what I was paying in Mexico before). Might be due to this whole digital tax thing.

I can let you know what the next charge is when it hits in a couple of days. I heard Colombia is similarly priced to Argentina, so may try that out next, if the charge continues to be too high
I signed up with Columbia (I had issues trying to pay in Argentina) and it was 169,900 Columbian Peso (£32.64) for a year (on my credit card).

Second charge was also higher than the stated rate and came in at 695 ARS or £4.35. Think it might be the digital tax so could be cheaper to go down the Colombia route

At this point I’m just going to wait for the launch of Max in Latin America
Do you mean turkey or is it coming into more countries in Latin America?

I was having issues logging into mine the other day, plus as succession is finished, I cancelled too.

Do you mean turkey or is it coming into more countries in Latin America?

I was having issues logging into mine the other day, plus as succession is finished, I cancelled too.
They recently launched the new service ‘Max’ to replace HBO Max in the US. I imagine they’ll be rolling it out to Latin America next, and that the pricing will change. So will wait and see

They recently launched the new service ‘Max’ to replace HBO Max in the US. I imagine they’ll be rolling it out to Latin America next, and that the pricing will change. So will wait and see
I guess that’s why my hbo max was no longer working, I had the region set as the US 🙈🙈🙈

my hbo max sub renewed back in april for a year through argentina. i normally use the hbo max app on my firestick and nord vpn app to USA and able to watch. but the app has now updated to the new 'max' app and keeps giving me a 'can't sign in' error. tried vpn to argentina and it's the same. logging in via a pc web browser seems to work though. same problem occurs with the ios app. any idea what's causing this?

my hbo max sub renewed back in april for a year through argentina. i normally use the hbo max app on my firestick and nord vpn app to USA and able to watch. but the app has now updated to the new 'max' app and keeps giving me a 'can't sign in' error. tried vpn to argentina and it's the same. logging in via a pc web browser seems to work though. same problem occurs with the ios app. any idea what's causing this?
Yes, Max is only rolled out in the US, so you can’t log in to the US version with a non-US HBOMax account anymore. You should however be able to log in with a VPN set do a HBOMax location. I can log in with ControlD set to Mexico. Not sure why Argentina didn‘t work - could it have been a cache issue?

Hi, when I log into HBO Max Argentina (using Control D), I am advised that I need to download the new version of the app. Obviously I cannot do this officially since I am in the UK. Does anyone know where I can find the apk for the service now please. I have tried downloading from some of the usual mirror sites but the apk will either not install or not open. Has anayone got this working please?

Hi, when I log into HBO Max Argentina (using Control D), I am advised that I need to download the new version of the app. Obviously I cannot do this officially since I am in the UK. Does anyone know where I can find the apk for the service now please. I have tried downloading from some of the usual mirror sites but the apk will either not install or not open. Has anayone got this working please?
Just change your location address on your amazon account to the USA and download the MAX app, its the same one.......

Back