HD channels on vm pixellating

my cable now is a homemade special with screw on connections what one would you recommend
The green end cables are what VM supplied for self install of hubs, you don't need a powered splitter.
No one needs a powered splitter unless they are adding new long cables to loft rooms etc, if the signal is Sh!te when it comes in as @Warhammer14 signal is, they don't need a powered splitter, they tell VM they aren't paying another bill until it's sorted.
Buy a HDU and yes, it will make everything work fine - you've just wasted £20 as it should be fine anyway, the fact that you are paying for a substandard service and then using third party hardware to rectify that doesn't make it any better, it's crap now and it's going to continue getting worse.
If you buy a BMW and it doesn't perform as it should, you can get it souped up at cost to yourself to make it do what it's supposed to do anyway or you can tell BMW it's a POS.
the only requirement for a HDU is when adding extra cables, or extending unauthorised VM cables in the house, if using one single cable as the OP is, they are a complete waste of money, @Warhammer14 gets everything running great with HDU but the incoming signal will remain crap.
When it gets worse as it will, then he has to call VM, which means the HDU will be unplugged, stuffed in a drawer and forgotten about as it's not required.
It's not required now

For the record it’s only sky news HD and ITV HD that’s pixellating a bit.. had vermin on the phone tonight running checks and they insist my signals fine :-:

so are you saying that those channels clear fine on your H2H ?? I`ve had some test lines lately and none of them clear ITV HD ?

It's nothing like the h5.2tc where you only need one cable feed, you need two cable feeds in the h7c to work correctly it's a signal issue i have both boxes and mine are working great
Them green end cables are not tratec there just tat from someone trying to rip you off
So from the wall do I need to have 2 cables running to the h7c and 1 to the router ?

The one that’s giving me most problems itv hd doesn’t show when i do a full service channel scan

as I previously mentioned had several test lines lately and none of them clear itv hd. if its not a big issue for you just use the sd version. or as that box has a sat tuner you can get it free if you have a sat dish?

as I previously mentioned had several test lines lately and none of them clear itv hd. if its not a big issue for you just use the sd version. or as that box has a sat tuner you can get it free if you have a sat dish?
Cheers Simon I have a sat dish too I’ll try that as well

I've a feeling the ARM boxes struggle with certain channels, the fact you can get ITV HD perfect on the H2h but not on the H7C proves it's neither a line or connection issue.
I've heard quite a few reports recently of the BBC, ITV, C4 Hd channels struggling on ARM boxes but not on lower spec boxes

I've a feeling the ARM boxes struggle with certain channels, the fact you can get ITV HD perfect on the H2h but not on the H7C proves it's neither a line or connection issue.
I've heard quite a few reports recently of the BBC, ITV, C4 Hd channels struggling on ARM boxes but not on lower spec boxes
I agree with you there pablo the h2h I’ve had for 2 + years and not a problem at all showing the HD channels

Back