HD51 Setup Advice - CCCam was so easy !

Rake722

Hi All,

I've been with satpimps for the past years but having just acquired an HD51 my head is spinning. I've noticed quite a lot of helpful users on here so I joined.

Firstly -

I understand that Oscam is required for this box and that CCcam etc wont work.
I have installed oscam from the plugins menu and it appears in the softcam manager.

I have no idea how to configure oscam and would appreciate a guide - I am running the latest openVIX image.

Can anyone advise me on how to get this cam working please ?

Secondly - I get tuning failed when I try to run ABM and scan - is this due to the oscam issue or am I doing something wrong ?

Tuner config is set with net ID for my area but I cant get past that.

Any advice gratefully received

There's Oscam files and instructions on the utilities page here:

https://willobuild.yolasite.com/

Have you gone into tuner config and configured it there before using ABM?

Many thanks for the speedy reply.

Regarding oscam - Wife is in now so back on IPTV for tonight so will try the above tomorrow.

As for tuner config - yes I have gone in and enabled the tuner.
Provider is set to virgin
Net ID is set but aside from that I dont know what else to set ?

Thanks again.

Is it a combo or twin sat.
Maybe try disabling the other tuner temporarily and scanning to try and narrow down where the problem is.

Is it a combo or twin sat.
Maybe try disabling the other tuner temporarily and scanning to try and narrow down where the problem is.

Thanks once again, I will do as you suggest but i wont be able to do it until tomorrow unless she who tells me what to do goes to read her book.

I have read snippets bout selecting transponders and QAM settings but not full understood. Does that need to be done and if so is the a guide available ?

Thanks again.

Autobouquetsmaker should just work without doing any of that.
Oscam will not affect scanning channels it is only a softcam like CCcam or mgcamd.
You should be able to scan for channels and view FTA without setting oscam up at all.

Are you sure you have a good signal on both tuners?

I see.

Using ABM I got tuning failed but doing an automatic scan resulted in 590 channels being found of which a number were repeated in the epg.

The connection is fine on the oem virgin box so that should prove the cable side.

As soon as I get a chance I will disable tuner B and scan with ABM again

Ok wife out of the way for a few mins so disabled tuner B and found 380 channels using ABM so that works.

Oscam next but that nut cracker will have to be tomorrow.

I got the oscam files from your utilities page thanks.

Oscam 1.20svn11384-r1 is installed from the plugin download service already just needs configuring I think.

OK So I editted the server file and used both cccam and the newcamd sections with the same user and passwords server and port, and left the labels as they were.

I then copied the contents of the config folder including the newly editted server file to the tuxbox/config folder which was empty on the box.

I then went over to the box, started oscam and enabled startup - got the green tick.

Went to view a FTA channel - Picture - Other channels - No Picture

Rebooted the box - Same problem.

Checked softcam manager and oscam is active.

The config file looks like this -

[reader]
label=Sky-Server1
enable=1
protocol=cccam
device=server.com,xxxx
user=MyUserID
password=MyPassword
group=1

[reader]
label=Sky-Server2
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
key=0102030405060708091011121314
device=server.com.com,xxxx
user=MyUserID
password=MyPassword
group=1
connectoninit = 1
group=1

[reader]
label=Sky-Server3
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
device=servername,port
user=username
password=password
group=1
connectoninit = 1
group=1

[reader]
label=VM-Server1
enable=1
protocol=newcamd
device=servername,port
user=username
password=password
disableserverfilter = 1
connectoninit = 1
caid = 1841
ident = 1841:000000,005B01,005A01,005B02,005B03
group = 1

Any advice most grateful received.

thanks

You should get FTA channels (SD BBC1, 2, ITV etc) without any oscam running.
Is it a combi sat/cable box or twin cable?

switched but no joy - noticed something else, on cable my server name is different - will edit and test in a sec.

OK Noy joy even is I edit the server name to be the same as in the line.

One thing I did notice is that on my SP the line seems to follow the N line format ?

As for the box - no its twin DVB-C with tuner B disabled.

.. and you can't get any channels at all, even FTA?
Have you got a signal if you go into service searching > signal finder?

I don't think your problem is oscam related, I think there is a problem with either the cable or how the tuner is configured.
I've just bought a new cable tuner for my HD51. If I get time later I'll drop it in and set up a build for you.

Thanks willo

I am getting fta channels so tuner and cable must be good.

Any other ideas ? Happy to try your build but if no other channels coming it's either oscam or usually internet and internet is fine.

Thanks

No I didn't replace the tuxbox folder I just copied the edited contents of the confit folder on my pc to the confit folder /etc/tuxbox/config

I'll try shortly and report back

Back