HD51 4K HD51 Tuner Loop through question

pebbleridge

I can only get one cable from my dish to my HD51 at the moment (long story).
I'm trying to use loop through but I'm not sure if I need to link the RF1 out into the RF2 in with a short cable.
It's not linked at the moment but doesn't seem to work as I expected.
Any ideas would be appreciated:smiley:

I'm trying to use loop through but I'm not sure if I need to link the RF1 out into the RF2 in with a short cable.
Not really explaining what you are wanting to do with loop are you looking to connect another box to this box or have 2 connections to record.

Sorry,
I only have one box and I'm trying to have 2 connections to record. I realise the recording restrictions of this method but at the moment I only have one cable available.

Images not sure what yours is will let you connect tuners to each other internally.

So you could if the image allows it set tuner 2 to equal to tuner 1 there are other options i just carnt remember them all.

I'm running OpenViX 6.2.008
The setting I'm using is :-
Tuner A - Simple - Single - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Tuner B - Loop through - Connected to Tuner A
I have a cable connecting RF1 out to RF2 in
But I'm not sure it's working, when I look at Signal Finder it only shows Tuner A, with no option to change to Tuner B.

20220726_151851.jpg

You only have one signal so signal finder isn't going to show tuner B, it's a mirror of tuner A.
Try recording BBC1 for ten minutes while you have a different channel playing to check if it works

If you’re still planning to get rid of the Sky Q box, it might be easier/better to go for the Unicable lnb. Especially if you still have aspirations for an FBC box.

Just check that your freesat box is compatible with Unicable. If it isn’t, buy one with legacy outputs too.

If you’re still planning to get rid of the Sky Q box, it might be easier/better to go for the Unicable lnb. Especially if you still have aspirations for an FBC box.

Just check that your freesat box is compatible with Unicable. If it isn’t, buy one with legacy outputs too.
That's still my plan, but at the moment I've got to keep Sky running until I've proved to my wife that an Enigma box cam replace Sky Q.

That's still my plan, but at the moment I've got to keep Sky running until I've proved to my wife that an Enigma box cam replace Sky Q.
For premium channels like sky movies and Sky sports you're only going to get these via an IPTV subscription and recording them is hit and miss, mostly miss.

It's not the premium channels that are a big issue, it's the usability and reliability of Sky Q that she appreciates.
When you add a series link on Sky it just works - forever. Even at the end of a season, it remembers and picks up the next season, very clever.
Stuff like that is what she wants.
I want to be able to move files about, watch stuff from the PC on the TV and the reverse.

It's not the premium channels that are a big issue, it's the usability and reliability of Sky Q that she appreciates.
When you add a series link on Sky it just works - forever. Even at the end of a season, it remembers and picks up the next season, very clever.
I want to be able to move files about, watch stuff from the PC on the TV and the reverse.
Enigma2 isn't capable of that, it's a skyQ feature.
Freesat doesn't have box sets or series links.
You may be able to watch stuff from the pc easily enough.
For series on demand and movies etc you'll need an IPTV subscription but it's not the same as skyQ

If you're not watching any premium content, Sky have an option that gives you the recording feature for £5 a month. It's called something like Sky basics or essentials.

My setup isn't bad at all.
5 x E2 boxes running off a unicable LNB and recording to a NAS.
All boxes can play recordings from the NAS.
I can record IPTV from a multisub line and it works at least 90% of the time. (DVB-1) and then of course there is VoD and PPV.

The ViX Team have been making improvements to recording IPTV via serviceapp.

My setup isn't bad at all.
5 x E2 boxes running off a unicable LNB and recording to a NAS.
All boxes can play recordings from the NAS.
I can record IPTV from a multisub line and it works at least 90% of the time. (DVB-1) and then of course there is VoD and PPV.

The ViX Team have been making improvements to recording IPTV via serviceapp.
Like a well oiled machine (Vix) Is it possible on atv ? Vielleicht nicht 😉

Back