PS3 HDD question

channelking

Hi

I have a 2.5" laptop HDD 500gb one.

Was thinking of putting in my ps3 as HDD is 80gb atm.

Read has to be 9mm how would I know if HDD I have is 9mm?

Not sure if you actually Being funny.

I been told there is a way to distinguish between normal and 9mm 2.5" hard drives.

No one said use a ruler.

All I wanted to know is for those who have ps3 how you know if 2.5" HDD you have is right one for ps3.

I was originally going to say use a set of Vernier calipers. But thought you are more likely to have a ruler than a set of calipers. In any case, if you had a set of calipers, you wouldn't be asking.

You can search for the model number of your HDD,. Maybe you will find details of how thick it is that way.

Not sure if you actually Being funny.

I been told there is a way to distinguish between normal and 9mm 2.5" hard drives.

No one said use a ruler.

All I wanted to know is for those who have ps3 how you know if 2.5" HDD you have is right one for ps3.

9mm is about 9mm, slightly less than 10 mm, a pencil is around 8mm so a bit thicker than that but not as thick as a plasterboard.
2.5" is two and a half inches, now we are on the horns of a dilemma
2.5" is imperial, we haven't used imperial in UK for about 35 years, Americans use it, but they have Donald Trump as their leader so make of that what you will.
The type of HDD you are referring to range in thickness from 7mm to over 9mm but is it that important?
if it's got the right connections/holes/plugs and it will slot in, give it a whirl
The worst that will happen is the ps3 will not recognise it, it's not going to blow up or melt into the carpet
If it does let us know as I have some nice carpets for sale

Well on few ps3 forums only a 9mm thick 2.5" HDD will work in ps3 unless I am misunderstanding.

I am glad Pablo as usual you are making jokes at my expense. Wouldn't expect anything less from you or some others on here.

Why do bother asking for help when get certain people just take the cake.

No worries will look elsewhere for help on this. Not Gona waste my energy on here.

Back