HDD won't initialise

decmorgan

Hi guys,

recently bought a Zgemma H2S, all going well apart from the external hard drive. i have a 320gb maxtor 3200, when i try and initialize it just says "initialising storage device.. waiting 0/100" i have left it for hours and it will not move.

The box detects the HDD under information, but it wont seem to initialise. i have tried formatting to FAT32 and then back to NTFS and tried FAT32 again,no luck. When i record a program it records half or part of it then says disk full? when it can't be full. I have read the forums but can't seem to find anyone else with the same issue.

driving me round the bend playing around with it, can't record anything! running iPab 1.3 and using the kidda c sky skin. Not sure whether its user error or the hard drive is buggered, it must be 7 years old.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

Hi guys,

recently bought a Zgemma H2S, all going well apart from the external hard drive. i have a 320gb maxtor 3200, when i try and initialize it just says "initialising storage device.. waiting 0/100" i have left it for hours and it will not move.

The box detects the HDD under information, but it wont seem to initialise. i have tried formatting to FAT32 and then back to NTFS and tried FAT32 again,no luck. When i record a program it records half or part of it then says disk full? when it can't be full. I have read the forums but can't seem to find anyone else with the same issue.

driving me round the bend playing around with it, can't record anything! running iPab 1.3 and using the kidda c sky skin. Not sure whether its user error or the hard drive is buggered, it must be 7 years old.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec

when i first got the box, i recall recording to the internal flash memory. have read snippets on the forums that this may be the issue and i have to reflash. but also been told this isnt advisable if you dont know exactly what you are doing.

Plug the HD into your PC format it to FAT32 then try again....Let me know how u get on

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hi,

Done the above, drive is ex4.

It is mounted exactly as you said. What next? Initialise?

NO Don't initialise !!

Do what Willo said above............

Go to Menu > InfoPanel > Plugins > Mount Manager and make sure it's mounted as /media/hdd and Ext4 R/W.

Back