Mag-322 Hdmi splitter problem

nicoj24

TK Veteran
Hi my mate has a mag 322 coneected via a hdmi splitter to 2 TV's in separate rooms, we get a problem that box shows on one tv sometimes and not other one?
He has to keep pulling power lead out to get it to show?
This is ok until he switches tv off then same problem occurs or it doesn't show on either tv?
Hdmi splitter worked fine with his old Zgemma box.

Hope someone has any ideas I was thinking of updating software has he has never done it and still on factory settings?

Check which hdmi input you are connected to , do not connect to the hdmi(arc) , also turn off any settings regarding ‘cec’ which is the Hdmi protocol for powering other equipment on/off & controlling the volume , these settings will be in the tv’s and the box.

Thanks for reply I have told him to check hdmi arc on both TV's don't think the cec is activated on a mag you have to manually do this.
Seems a bit of trial and elimination at the moment.

I looked at the back of his old lg no hdmi cec?
Would it be activated in the options menu?
Has still got same problem?
Hope someone can help or advise.

I think hdmi cec is about 9 yrs old so his tv may not have it . I had similar problem with tv connected to a speaker and android tv box , even though Cec was disabled on android tv box every time I had a problem I found if I enabled cec on the android box then disabled it that sorted it , so there are incompatibilies ...I ditched the android and got a Firestick.

Back