Heartbreaking snap

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
lana-dog.jpg

For anyone who has had a family dog, you’ll know they’re as much a part of your DNA as your mum and dad, brother or sister.

Unfortunately not all dogs are treated with love and care, and some are left to fend for themselves when it comes to their early puppy stages.

For those who end up in shelters, it’s usually a long process of finding a suitable home, but the decision is one that should be taken into real consideration before making that commitment.

This week a heartbreaking snap of a dog Lana has gone viral – after she was returned to an animal rescue centre by her adoptive family.

The dog – who had been the runt of a large litter in Mexico – was ‘terrified of everything’.

While she was initially adopted as a puppy by a family, she was later returned after the family felt they couldn’t meet her needs and they had to put their young children first.

While it’s totally understandable to protect your family, the shelter told of the heartache Lana felt in being returned by her family back to the shelter.

Speaking to The Dodo, Mighty Mutts employee Dahlia Ayoub said: “She just shut down. It’s almost like her world shut down.”

Lana wouldn’t eat for the shelter, and staff commented how she was too sad to even go out for a walk.

Dahlia, who nursed Lana when she was a puppy added:

“I wanted to see if she would be scared of me. I went back there and said, “Laaaaana! Hey, what’s up?”‘

She said the ‘silly, sweet’ dog flew into her arms.

While Lana has thankfully since been fostered, Mighty Mutts are now looking to place her in a permanent home in an adult-only household.

Check out Lana's story here on this mornings City News:

poor fooker , upsets me anything like this, sorry, as a dog lover/owner , cant read the story :upset:

Back