Heelp what to buy.

helshe

ok, First of all I am a newbie and appologise if this is the wrong thread.

I would not call my self tech savvy, but sort of manage to get by. I used to have a digivox for my satalite, then upgraded to a eurovox 5000 pvr. only just managed to get by connecting to computer and putting the firmware on. this was a few years ago untill they both become doorstops.

now I am wondering what would be the best box to get. ie the most likely not to become yet another waste of money in the not too near future that I can use in the uk with my irritable vermin ( those pesky little buggers) lol!

really do hope someone can help me out here :butkiss:

any thanks

With virmin you would need a Kryptview box. Have a read round a bit to see if its the type of thing your looking for.

A850 is the newer HD box approx £250, A780 SD box approx £150.
There are no subs with these cable boxes.

Sat, is better, you can still use virmin, just knock off your TV package and use their BB

You just need to put up a dish £25 or if you have an old
sky one up already you can use that.

and a cheap box like the Skybox F5 about £60, Coax £15

These are HD boxes, and if you add a HDD, they are PVR too, you will need to pay a monthly sub though.

Advantage being if KV server goes down your knackered.

If your sat server goes down you can go to another and your
box is not a doorstop

Last edited:
not got a dish. im ok with a drill, but not a ladder too. lol.

ok so if i decide to go with the 850 I am right in thinking that I ("flash at it") or it already has had someone do this to the poor bugger and has a bit of a habit of "rabbit in headlights, freezing" (incase I am not to be so obviouse)

and that would be like the eurovox when the same sort of flasher exposed itself to it. then plugged in and played in a fashion after going into menus and the secret code yes?

It has been so long since eurovox and digivox tech has moved on somewhat just need to get my head round the process first before commiting.

cheers

Yeah pretty much, the A850 needs a mod to it to
cut down on the glitching, I read that some boxes are now supplied
already modified. You may want to check this with your supplier.

Note all boxes these days ( since nag3 left the others extinct )
need to be connected to the internet.

Ethernet cable from router to the box. Basically the unscrambling
can't be done at the box end anymore it's sorted out at the server end.

If your router is in another room from your TV use a pair of homeplugs to carry the signal
between rooms.

HTML:
www.lincsat.co.uk

May be able to help, or maybe another member
may be able to give you more advise.

rez1234 - posts deleted.

Start your own thread, don't hijack someone elses.

Back