hello new person looking for advice and help

soul75

hi all please dont shoot me down if in the wrong place or asking a question i have looked about but so much info its overwhelming!!

i used to have sly on a f5s i think it was, a long time ago i liked it but the guy did a runner and the facebook page went mad as there was loads that got robbed,so i'm kinda on edge when asking for help these days.
so i thought i do my own setup ect and read best place to ask for help and learn is here.
so any advice on where to look for things would be helpful.

i did find a facebook page and i asked how much as that person does them zgemma and line £175 thought that was ok till i saw the price for the box so i'm gonna do it myself if i can.

so looking to go with a zgemma twin sat for sky dish uk from the zgemma sales page that's linked to this forum, i take it that's a good one to go with,are they shipped via royal mail so if not in i can collect it from sorting office

Read on here somewhere you can make it look like sky skin and had a tutorial to put it on the box? forgot to save the page so if anyone would kindly point me in the right direction that would be grand.(also blind on one eye dont help)

Then there's the line which one do i need and cost and who is the best person to get one from as i said trusting another person now a days is a little bit low but i'm sure that was just bad luck.

i love to learn and willing too i'm good at kodi and iptv stuff so hoping this will be kinda the same way.

many thanks in advance.

Least now you have come to the right place. lots of help on this forum, and once you do make more posts you will be able to download a pre built image for your new box, which will make life a little easier for you.

have a look at wooshbuild the images or for zgemma's. if you or thinking of buying then the forum sponsor is very good. h2s model for a twin sat box.

read, read and then read some more. all the answers are on the forum and if you do your homework youll soon get it sorted! make sure your questions go in the right forum - a quick scoot around and a bit of light reading will identify where to ask which questions -

Thanks for the welcome and advice I shall borrow into the depths of the forum I will order a zgemma as well tonight or tomorrow do you know when they use for posting royal mail or is it courier

Welcome, your best to buy from our site sponsor the only official UK re-seller of these boxes, it will come with a base build (not complete for what we want) so best to FLASH the box with a pre-made backup image from this site, backup images are almost complete & only need a little input from the user to have the box up & running. Clear instructions come with the backup builds plus any problems that have been encountered will be covered in the posts that follow below image/instructions. IF you do go with a zgemma Id recommend the 2nd generation boxes such as the H2S for sat & H2H for a combo of sat & cable (as woosh would say....they are faster!)

Wooshbuild ATV:
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...-transfer-plugin-basebuild-openatv-5-1-a.html

Sucmnsee's VIX build:
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...nsee-latest-vix-backup-zgemma-h2s-hs-h2h.html

Discount for TK members:
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/82511-buy-zgemma-h-2s-discounted-price.htm

Last edited:
One last question I promise we are looking at going to another provider for Internet will that cause an issue with channels and gift line

I was completely new to this about 2 weeks ago, so kinda know where you are coming from.

As per above, get a box from the site sponsor, you will also have support from them on this site.

As for the builds, i can only comment on the wooshbuild image as thats the one i used.

It was very easy to do and i was finished in about 20 mins.

The wooshbuild comes with the sly skin so no need to mess about with that side.

If you want Virgin TV channels, you need to have internet via Virgin, for sly, any internet provider will be fine.

For a gift/line just post in the section to ask for a line, you will get lots of PM's offering deals.

As per advice from long serving members, choose a line provider that has history on this forum and personally i only get 3-6 months at a time as you never know what will happens.

Daz

Welcome,

Before you run off and buy box today, do some reading, work out exactly what you want, then make an informed decision.
These people on Facebook, Fleebay are out to scam people, real providers don't have open access groups, they are closed groups, invite only, etc.
For the providers this is a risky business and flaunting it can hurt business.
In a few hours/days you will know more than the people on Fleebay, have contacts and knowledge to do your own things.
Help out your friends and family and appear to be a fountain of knowledge.

cheers snowman

well im getting the zgemma hs2 so thats a start will order shortly,ive been non stop reading since i joined and things seem to be pretty simple to follow,i will get the box setup for freeview then will look into a line,i take it nline is better than cline these days?

well ive now purchased my zgemma h2s twin tuner so hopefully that be here by tomorrow or friday i used the sponsored website from here too :) is the woosh build better than the sucmensse one or is it im about to read up on this part shortly :)

No its not better or any worse it is another image made by another long standing member to help those who dont yet know how to make an image get there box up & running with minimal effort, wooshbuild is for ATV (officially supported for ota updates) sucmnsee's is for VIX (which is not supported for fta updates) its the base firmware that is different...the screens you interact with are very similar but with kiddacs slyk1 hd skin on both image versions you will see very little difference.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Im a complete newbie to all this only got by Zgemma h2s box this week.

I have managed to get up and running on sucmnsee's Vix flash, and added kiddacs slyk 1 hd version 3 skin.

But I cant get the channel order to work right with regards ordering and numbering! it starts with BBC 2 on the EPG and should be BBC 1.

I tried the autobouquets E2 28.2e plugin, but it completely messed every thing up. So I had to re-flash the box and start again.

Have you any ideas of how to sort the channel orders and maybe prioritize the SD channels for Sky Sports to the top of the list in the sports section of the EPG as I know HD isnt broadcast.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks for any help, this forum is amazing for info.

Cheers

got the box earlier today very nice nextday too but.....

well ive been trying to get woosh installed and im using a 2gb usb 2.0 usb pen i also have a 64gb 2.0 i(n the front and back) pen but it wont flash just goes to boot up tried using the hddguru to no joy any other way i can get this to work i can see the h2s in my windows pc if that can be done if so how as its starting to get frustrating now lol

---------- Post Merged at 03:15 PM ----------

Scrap that itshe working I made a basebuild folder and put the zgemma files in that and moved that to USB but should of just moved the zgemma folder only lol

Last edited:
Well I've got the freeview channels all running,done my local bbc one as well now will sort line out tomorrow what's best cline or nline? I've put in a 64gb pen drive for now but will put a big hard drive think it's 320gb I have with that's got its own power supply was wondering if I could you my old sky hard drive as that's 500gb.

Cheers will have a scout about,I also have a iptv sub I've looked on box in iptv player but can't seem to find anything to add my m3u list any help would be grand thank you

Last edited:
Back