Help/Advice - Re-flash H2H & H1

apcov81

Hi,

I am in need of some advice and guidance as I have been out of the loop for some time.
My in laws have a H1 and H2H box which have both recently been freezing on boot, looking into it it may be worth reflashing them. They currently have openvix on it (not sure what version as been some time since I did this).
Can you please advise what is the most pain free way of getting them back up and running, assuming I need to reflash this. Can I use Woosh or similar to do everything from the image without having to flash the firmware first.
I used to get the firmware directly from the .tv site but this no longer allows me to get it for these version.

Thanks in advance.

Have a look in all builds section there's a few builds and guides. grog free range image does it all for you reflashes and installs the image wooshbuild you have to reflash with open atv first can't say about dsayers2014 image or willo image as never tried to reflash with them

Have a look in all builds section there's a few builds and guides. grog free range image does it all for you reflashes and installs the image wooshbuild you have to reflash with open atv first can't say about dsayers2014 image or willo image as never tried to reflash with them
Thanks, will give this a go tonight/tomorrow

If it's an old version of vix that is currently installed the Grogbuild Freerange setup script may have issues detecting which ATV image is required so you may still need to flash openATV first.

For the H1 you would need to flash ATV with the file from openATV Nightly Downloads

For the h2h you would need to flash ATV with the file from openATV Nightly Downloads

Once you have flashed with ATV you can then choose which build to install

If it's an old version of vix that is currently installed the Grogbuild Freerange setup script may have issues detecting which ATV image is required so you may still need to flash openATV first.

For the H1 you would need to flash ATV with the file from openATV Nightly Downloads

For the h2h you would need to flash ATV with the file from openATV Nightly Downloads

Once you have flashed with ATV you can then choose which build to install
Thanks Grog,

I have flashed to OpenATV and tried to run your script and can see that you are currently in the process of updating it and it is down.

Do you know when I will be able to access this, I want to get the in laws off my back.

Thanks

I hope to get it done today but I have some real work I need to get done so it may take longer. If it's urgent then try Infinity.

I think the coding is basically there but I need to test it under a number of different scenarios and fix any bugs I find, if there are any.

Back