Help and guidance on setting up a cable box

Hello everyone , I have been on this forum a while (s*y side of things) and have set up a number of S*y boxes for friends after looking at posts and help from the forum members but with the demise of CS on the S*y side I have been asked by a friend if I can set up a cable box for him.

I do not have cable so will be setting up most of it remotely at my house using satellite and tehm gpoing to his house to test it.

He has a Zgemma satellite box running Vix at the moment so I am looking at the Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR from WoS and put Vix onto it

I will use Bees tutorial as it looks very good.

Questions I have are

Is the above Edison box suitable for keeping his existing S*Y subscription (Tuner A) and new cable subscription via (Tuner B)

What is a reasonable yearly sub for cable . I am hearing £70-£80

Does the cable sub go into the same place as the S8Y sub via filezilla.

Do I need an F type to RF adaptor to connect the output of the splitter to the input of the Edison box.

Apologies for so many questions but thanks in advance.

Dekmac2000

Yes, you can use both a S*y line and a cable line on the box as long as they're in the same format - they simply go in the same newcamd.list / CCcam.cfg file under each other.

Cable subs can be got for much cheaper - take several tests and go with one that's suitable.

You wont be able to scan in any channels at your house without a cable connection.

You will need an F to RF adapter - WoS ordering page asks if you need one.

maybe consider a twin cable tuner so he could watch and record and leave his zgemma in place for sat or freesat and thinking tv might have extra hdmi ports?

Reactions: ste
Back