[HELP] Best way to format multiple N Lines for Both Sat and Cable? mgcamd

ello999

Hey guys,

So I currently have 3 lines, 2 sat and 1 cable line in my mgcamd and am looking to get a 4th as a extra for cable, as it's glitchy. My current lines look like this:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = servername port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (cable)
CWS = servername port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (sat)
CWS = servername port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (sat)

So I can just add a new line after my first cable line right.. but is there a better way of doing this?

• Can the mgcamd detect "glitching" (not a complete disconnect) in my cable line... and if i were to add a 2nd cable line, switch lines automatically?
  • Does it automatically pickup which is the best in general?
  • What is CWS_Multiple? Would this improve anything?
  • Any other tips for making my lines run smoother on my end?

Thanks

Last edited:
why that many i only have 1 for sat and 1 for for virgin box works great very little glitch

My provider gives 2 lines for his sat. sat line is pretty good though. However, my cable line seems to be glitching sometime... it can be annoying. :/ So im looking to get another cable line from another provider from the line suggestions thread here and was hoping to use them together since I already paid for that cable line anyway.

Hey guys,

So I currently have 3 lines, 2 sat and 1 cable line in my mgcamd and am looking to get a 4th as a extra for cable, as it's glitchy. My current lines look like this:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000
CWS = servername port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (cable)

So I can just add a new line after my first cable line right.. but is there a better way of doing this?

• Can the mgcamd detect "glitching" (not a complete disconnect) in my cable line... and if i were to add a 2nd cable line, switch lines automatically?
  • Does it automatically pickup which is the best in general?
  • What is CWS_Multiple? Would this improve anything?
  • Any other tips for making my lines run smoother on my end?

Thanks

Its a mith adding more lines reduces glitching e.t.c.It doesnt.You need a provider that gives you a good service.1 line for sky 1 line for cable.No more is needed;)

Its a mith adding more lines reduces glitching e.t.c.It doesnt.You need a provider that gives you a good service.1 line for sky 1 line for cable.No more is needed;)

Yes, I bought my cable line from a not so good provider. But got in contact with another from the line thread on here, who is suppose to be good.... I just figured If I could use both the new and old cable lines together, the crappy one I paid for wouldnt go to complete waste haha :beg: If it indeed doesn't make a difference to add a extra line I guess I should cut my losses and just get a new one and bin the old.

Last edited:

Yes, I bought my cable line from a not so good provider. But got in contact with another from the line thread on here, who is suppose to be good.... I just figured If I could use both the new and old cable lines together, the crappy one I paid for wouldnt go to complete waste haha :beg: If it indeed doesn't make a difference to add a extra line I guess I should cut my losses and just get a new one and bin the old.
Try a couple of test lines on the cable side but keep your existing line details safe,remove your existing cable line before adding any new cable test line so you only running 1 line at a time so you can see if its any good,post a request as you have done for a test line but stick to vip or veteren members as the guys have been around the forum for a good while and not new members looking to make a quick buck

There is no need to remove your old line, just put 2 hash marks before the CWS and it disables the line.

Back