Help buying new 50" tv

lfc84

Hi

I'm considering buying one of the following TV's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/amazon-fir...V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1&th=1

I have this in pre order for £449 and I can cancel it

Or this one for £349

Hisense 50E7HQTUK 50 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV | Cos...

Or

Sony KD50X72KPU 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV | Co...

The Sony is £558

My budget is up to £560

The TV will be connected to a Sony STR-DH790

Primary use of the TV is football.

I would welcome any comments, advice or suggestions

Hi .. just to give you another choice.. i bought a 55 inch TCL that i´m very happy with.. i used to have a 50 inch curved Samsung.. comparing both the TCL is by far the better TV.. As its Android it´s compatible to some apps i use. No longer need a box next to the TV.
If you use them it´s easy for Netfilx / Prime video or others to set up.. Not had any real problems with it.. I don´t use a home entertainment system altho it`s connected to a surround system with the optical cable..

Hi

I'm considering buying one of the following TV's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/amazon-fire-tv-43-omni-qled-series-4k-uhd-smart-tv/dp/B09N6MYD23/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_ffob_sspa?keywords=qled+tv&qid=1681434432&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1&th=1

I have this in pre order for £449 and I can cancel it

Or this one for £349

Hisense 50E7HQTUK 50 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV | Cos...

Or

Sony KD50X72KPU 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart Android TV | Co...

The Sony is £558

My budget is up to £560

The TV will be connected to a Sony STR-DH790

Primary use of the TV is football.

I would welcome any comments, advice or suggestions
On the 1st link for £449 you could get a 55 inch Samsung off Argos some fire tvs are slow and sluggish.
The 2nd link the tv looks decent for price personally I would shop around on ao.com you can get a tcl for £329 and it’s android think it’s 58 inch tv as I was looking other day at tvs due to my 65 inch been too big for my new house and ended up going for the Samsung 55 inch off Argos for £449 and get to claim a £50 e voucher in may

Had sony andriod t.v for three years and it faulted The t.v keep switching off ,it was nothing to do with settings or power consumption Lucky enough we had insurance The company took the t.v away to fiv but couldn't excess parts so it was condemned They paided out for new t.v We
Bought samsung Qled which is very good Like
all thin t.vs they have small speakers 10watt output so we purchased Samsung sound barrier with sub speaker I would diffentily di my research with sony Android t.vs to see if this issue has been resolved Good luck

I bought a Sony tv 4K android and not used many of the available aps that would work on it .
Must get them on as its Android and not like Lg or Samsung that restrict usage.
My Bravia blew me away with Sonos speakers.

I've read elsewhere that it would be wise to get an OLED even if it means increasing the budget. I have found a LG OLED for £600. That's my absolute limit

This is my installation Tracked the walls installed all the cables in conduct When hdmi cables became available Qled t.v

Attachments

• 1681560691825193386301739112736.jpg
    1681560691825193386301739112736.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
I've read elsewhere that it would be wise to get an OLED even if it means increasing the budget. I have found a LG OLED for £600. That's my absolute limit
RGB Direct are selling the 55" LG OLEDC14LB for £749 and Richer Sounds will usually price match them and knock another tenner off. I have the 55" C9 (two years older version) myself. Watch loads of football on it and it's brilliant! I know it's a bit more than budgeted, but if you could stretch a bit further you won't regret getting an OLED, and it may drop further somewhere soon possibly £699.

I bought the 65 inch version of the amazon TV and must say its very nice good picture quality runs all my apps Plex, IPTV and others only fault i have found is after 2-3 days of flicking between apps the interface slows down and requires a quick plug out and in to slove.

Back