HELP! DRUNKEN MISTAKES

pappahog

hi, i have an ZGEMMA H9s been working fine. couple nights ago all channels went blank. got home last night a little the worse for wear and decided to try and get it working, bad move. i reset all my bouquets. now i have no channels. im still registered with ....., ive ticked the uk/sat virgin optin and imported that. run bouquet maker and still nothing. i am a complete novice and shouldnt have messed but here i am...so any help appreciated

Last edited:
And I titled in caps...not a great start

There's a few different ways of adding iptv to the box, you may need to start again and add it the way your supplier originally told you.
Do any of the channels play?
do you mean you've lost the epg and/or bouquet sections?

You need to run the overwrite config, as e2m3u2bouquet maker still has your settings etc so doesn't add anything when you import.

If you cant do the above, the other option is to remove your provider settings, reboot then set it again via their gen, if they have one or manually input the information.

Or manually ftp to your box, backup your settings file, remove. It, reboot, copy it back to its original location and import again

Happened to a friend not so long ago.

There's a few different ways of adding iptv to the box, you may need to start again and add it the way your supplier originally told you.
Do any of the channels play?
do you mean you've lost the epg and/or bouquet sections?
Thanks, none of the channels are listed and what channels I can find don't play. I purchased the box all set up so have no idea what the previous settings were

You need to run the overwrite config, as e2m3u2bouquet maker still has your settings etc so doesn't add anything when you import.

If you cant do the above, the other option is to remove your provider settings, reboot then set it again via their gen, if they have one or manually input the information.

Or manually ftp to your box, backup your settings file, remove. It, reboot, copy it back to its original location and import again

Happened to a friend not so long ago.
Sorry to come across as a noob, but I have no idea what the settings were, I think you are saying copy the settings to a drive, factory reset then paste them back to the TV box?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the first question is, is it setup for iptv if so go to menu, plugins open iptv bouquets maker, then settings, are you provider details still showing?

Ftp to your box and browse to /etc/enigma2/e2m3u2bouquet and in there you should see config.xml. Copy this to your laptop/pc that will create a backup.

I purchased the box all set up

Yep, you'e been robbed, Ebay are full of these people, they buy a box and get them cheap because they buy 10 or 20 at a time, put an iptv sub on it and make £60-£70 profit.
After you've had it a short while, he changes the username and password on the iptv sub and puts it on a different box, meaning yours is finished and the new victim is watching it, temporarily, once he has another customer, the iptv sub will go on that box, he may sell ten boxes and only have one iptv sub that he's paid £60 for and just puts the same one on each box, changing the user/pass each time

You need to buy a new sub, see the request thread in the iptv section

I guess the first question is, is it setup for iptv if so go to menu, plugins open iptv bouquets maker, then settings, are you provider details still showing?

Ftp to your box and browse to /etc/enigma2/e2m3u2bouquet and in there you should see config.xml. Copy this to your laptop/pc that will create a backup.
So, all my provider's details are still in there.
Again noon question, what does ftp mean?

file transfer protocol, any wiser?
it's a way of sending/recieving files to/from devices connected in your home, eg from the laptop to the zgemma and the other way around, you can open filezilla on the computer, login to the zgemma and add/edit/replace files inside the box
Anyone who owns an enigma2 box will need to use filezilla at some point

file transfer protocol, any wiser?
it's a way of sending/recieving files to/from devices connected in your home, eg from the laptop to the zgemma and the other way around, you can open filezilla on the computer, login to the zgemma and add/edit/replace files inside the box
Anyone who owns an enigma2 box will need to use filezilla at some point

going to try filezilla now. cheers

going to try filezilla now. cheers
you'll need the zgemma's ip address, so on remote, press menu>information> network, write ip addy down
open filezilla on your computer/laptop and type in the zgemma ip address in 'host'
type root in username and click 'quick connect'
you'll see zgemma's folders open on right hand side
You can view and edit any files you want to here but don't be clicking around indisciminately, be careful here as you can make permanent changes easily and may make things worse, just take your time and check that you are in the correct folder/location before making any changes

There is an option in my settings to allow access from vpn's does that need to be set to yes for this to work? As you probably have guessed this is just a wild guess

when you put the ip address in, it has to have a fullstop between the digits like this 192.168.0.9 if you put in 192,168,0,9 it won't connect and it won't connect if you put spaces in there 192 168 0 9
Also you don't put a password in, just root in username

turn the vpn off while you are working on the box

when you put the ip address in, it has to have a fullstop between the digits like this 192.168.0.9 if you put in 192,168,0,9 it won't connect and it won't connect if you put spaces in there 192 168 0 9
Also you don't put a password in, just root in username

turn the vpn off while you are working on the box
I've put it in with the full stops and typed root into the username it just doesn't seem to want to connect

I can relate. I've made a few drunken mistakes in the realm of flashing, updating Zgemma's in the past. When an estimated '5 minute tweak' at 11.30pm turns into an all nighter complete reflush of firmware, adding lines and getting all your settings back the way you had them..

Not really had this issue since Wooshbuild Infinity, but in some sick sado-masochistic way I miss it sometimes. :emoji_sweat_smile:

its all apart of learning how your box works, being given a few instrcutions for quick fixes is all well & good but you need to take a little time getting to know the basics of how to correct things for yourself, one of the best ways is to read the guides on the forum

Back