Cable Help figuring best set up

Hi all,

I used to have a ZGemma H2s but it gave up the ghost when all the sky channels went. Since then I have managed to have a good deal with Sky but that is now due to end.

So, I am looking at moving to Virgin for their internet and have brought a zgemma H7C which I believe I will be able to use the Virgin line with to get a Virgin service on the ZGemma obviously when I test a few lines? I presume they are still in a price range of £25 to £40+ per year?

Additionally, I would like to use IPTV on the box for HD sports, 3pm football, box office and potentially catch up stuff although not as important as watch a lot of Netflix and prime anyway. From what I can gather this is all doable and fairly simple again once I test a few lines and find one that I’m happy with.

My main question regarding IPTV is the use of a VPN and does this need to be an additional charge or is it fairly simple to set up through the ZGemma?

And finally, It seems that it is simple enough to link not the virgin and the IPTV into the same EPG so there isn’t a lot of faff changing between the both, hopefully they work in tandem as one?

Apologies for all the questions but I totally stopped using the boxes once dodgy sky got Kaboshed and it’s a slight minefield reading all the different threads.

some IPTV providers need a VPN while others don't, if you do it will be an additional cost but only a couple of quid a month.

Again some iptv providers add their feeds to the epg so you can access it directly.

Thanks. I presume there are good VPN’s and poor ones.

When the box comes and I’m ready I can start getting things like VPN’s sorted.

I have NordVPN which runs on OpenAtv and Wooshbuild has a plugin for it.

My IPTV supplier said to turn off VPN but since the last attack, they are now allowing VPN.

My EPG is setup in Autobouquetmaker and both Freesat and VM, with the IPTV added in also, so everything is on my EPG!

Back