Help forum user

lm280904

Can anyone suggest how my friend can be helped to access his account? His username is gandalf72 and here's what he's told me

The situation is that I tried to update my email on the techkings website but never got a verification email so emailed the help bit at 10 pm on Sat night there or thereabouts. I tried a few other email addresses to see if it was blocking to certain websites but my Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo accounts all resulted in the same result no verification email being sent. This then locked my account. I emailed multiple times on Sunday to the help button and again this morning but got no response from the site. I let them know I was going to try and create a different user account if I had not heard from them so they knew that I was not up to no good. I never heard from them and at about 8 tonight I tried to create another account and this resulted in a ban.

I still have not had any email from anyone from techkings site and just wondered if you were able to reach out to them and see what the situation is, please. My username on the forum is gandalf72. the account that I tried to create was gandalf1972 tonight so again not trying to be overt or sneaky or do something underhand.

I am unsure as to why they never got back to me or if they even tried.

Can anyone suggest how my friend can be helped to access his account? His username is gandalf72 and here's what he's told me

The situation is that I tried to update my email on the techkings website but never got a verification email so emailed the help bit at 10 pm on Sat night there or thereabouts. I tried a few other email addresses to see if it was blocking to certain websites but my Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo accounts all resulted in the same result no verification email being sent. This then locked my account. I emailed multiple times on Sunday to the help button and again this morning but got no response from the site. I let them know I was going to try and create a different user account if I had not heard from them so they knew that I was not up to no good. I never heard from them and at about 8 tonight I tried to create another account and this resulted in a ban.

I still have not had any email from anyone from techkings site and just wondered if you were able to reach out to them and see what the situation is, please. My username on the forum is gandalf72. the account that I tried to create was gandalf1972 tonight so again not trying to be overt or sneaky or do something underhand.

I am unsure as to why they never got back to me or if they even tried.
I have noticed this recently, when people are changing email addresses. Have him email me at wheelo@techkings.org so I know its him and that's the correct email address, I'll changeva setting that worked for me with another account.
State
1. Why he was changing email addresses? (This might help fix the issue)
2. State original username.
3. Email address he wants to use - this should be the one he mails me from.

Wheelo

I have noticed this recently, when people are changing email addresses. Have him email me at wheelo@techkings.org so I know its him and that's the correct email address, I'll changeva setting that worked for me with another account.
State
1. Why he was changing email addresses? (This might help fix the issue)
2. State original username.
3. Email address he wants to use - this should be the one he mails me from.

Wheelo
Thank you, Wheelo
I've messaged him.

I've just had a look as another member did mention this earlier in the week. But because he was the only one having issues, I would have expected more complaints so thought the issue was at his end only so didn't spend too much time on it.

Can anyone having issues, should it be requesting a new password or requesting any message from the forum going forward, they do it again from now. If you get your message let me know below. If you don't after giving it 10 mins again post below.

I've just had a look as another member did mention this earlier in the week. But because he was the only one having issues, I would have expected more complaints so thought the issue was at his end only so didn't spend too much time on it.

Can anyone having issues, should it be requesting a new password or requesting any message from the forum going forward, they do it again from now. If you get your message let me know below. If you don't after giving it 10 mins again post below.

Tell your friend to log in now. On either account and I'll manually verify them until this is sorted out. I've removed his block.

I've just set up email notifications for a thread, I've gotten it. I had them all off until just now, so cant say for sure that I wasnt getting them.

How about @bazcfc1 changes his email address again lol

Yeah I had same problem last week tried with different emails to no avail till a friend got intouch with you guys to sort it

Nooooooo

When you posted in here I got an email, so they may be working again.

If @HiTecK wants you to change it again, he can tell you (see how I'm not taking the blame)

Anyway, that's me off to bed, goodnight all.
Night bud that's why Hiteck didn't spend much time looking into it he was like it's that pain in fekking arse he can wait🤣🤣🤣🤣

He knew nothing about it until tonight, he is thinking/talking about another member.

It should correct itself going forward. It may need to catch up as it will be sending out old notifications. It was backed up but it will resolve itself shortly.

Hi Everyone, thank you first of all for your help, I didnt know what to do or how to get round this as I thought if the help button was not working maybe it was tied to the same issue I was having with not getting verification emails. Appreciate everyones support and will even throw in a happy xmas in here as well!!

Essentially what happened was my current provider of my backup line has been very poor this year, not a member of this forum I hasten to add so wanted to get a second line as person I got from last year was incredible and once you get that kind of service from folk you really appreciate it. So big thank you to the provider and I will definetly be getting those lines renewed from you when they are up later this month.

So situation was I posted in here looking for the chance to get another line for my folks and family and never got any message to alert me to responses. I didnt want those that had contacted me to think I was being rude or a scammer etc. I thought I better just see if it is an issue with the email linked to my account (hotmail) so tried to change it to my gmail one. That never worked neither, so created a brand new one (yahoo) thinking that if there was any filters on the hotmail or gmail surely as they are the same name except domain that this would be ok but that never worked so thought try the yahoo in case gmail and hotmail was being banned for whatever reason.

At that point all 3 were not getting the verification email which then put my account on hold I believe.. I then scrolled to the help button to see if there was a way to contact as the ability to post on the forum was not possible and only thing I could do was view messages but not reply, so I panicked and thought the people messaging me will be thinking I am rude and up to no good.. I clicked the contact button and filled in multiple messages to where ever the contact button goes. First one was Saturday night. Sunday morning came and never got a message reply (truthfully never expected at first time due to time that I posted) realised that I had forgot some information and apologised and clicked the contact button again. Waited till Sunday afternoon I think it was and still no message and was really worried about what the people must be thinking about me and clicked help and contact again as I still could not reply to messages or post anything on the main forum (never tried to post on main forum). Tried to send another message Sunday evening and again no messages getting back to me and was more convinced that the problem with the account was now stopping me from sending anything to the help / contact button and they were linked together. Monday came and still had not heard anything and sent message about 8am saying I didnt want to break any rules and I would create a gandalf1972 account if I had not heard anything by 12. At about 8pm yesterday I created the gandalf1972 account (please delete this account if you have not already) This is when the account got banned. I reached out to the member above to see if they could help me as I didnt want anyone on the forum to think I was at it or up to no good (member since 2014).

That brings us to this post here. Sorry it is so long winded but hopefully you can see the path and what happened and it helps you in some way and other members which is why I have spent the time to type this up.

Thank you once again for unblocking this and if I am able to reply to my messages I will do so tonight. Can I say a big thanks to all who helped me get back here and just say it is very much appreciated!!!

I sent this to wheelo late last night, would this be the same problem?

"Hello, I apologise for bothering you, but could you possibly assist me? I'd like to change my email address, but the selected email address never receives the confirmation link email. I examined all spam folders and found nothing. Is there a reason for this?"

I sent this to wheelo late last night, would this be the same problem?

"Hello, I apologise for bothering you, but could you possibly assist me? I'd like to change my email address, but the selected email address never receives the confirmation link email. I examined all spam folders and found nothing. Is there a reason for this?"

Yes. But working now. Just request the email change again. Yours goes through 👇.Screenshot_20211207-100038_Chrome.jpg

If it helps - I can confirm I'm getting the email notifications when a new post is added here.

Back