Help needed to play DVD iso on openvix 5

jthyme

I am trying to play DVD iso files on my openvix 5.0.003. PVR player starts the file but it does not display correct format. I have DVD menus that works perfectly on an old dvd player or VLC player on my PC but here it is not working. Installed a DVD player plugin from the vix feed but that did not even show up as an extension, tried with blue ray player as well but that one does not play DVD isos. I can't eve play .avi files. Any suggestions?

I am trying to play DVD iso files on my openvix 5.0.003. PVR player starts the file but it does not display correct format. I have DVD menus that works perfectly on an old dvd player or VLC player on my PC but here it is not working. Installed a DVD player plugin from the vix feed but that did not even show up as an extension, tried with blue ray player as well but that one does not play DVD isos. I can't eve play .avi files. Any suggestions?
Why not extract the iso file so it displays the content inside it (generally in .TS) as ISO may not be supported on the box

Why not extract the iso file so it displays the content inside it (generally in .TS) as ISO may not be supported on the box

So you mean that one should extract each and every ISO before playing the DVD content and having lots of files just for one movie?
Interesting concept, you cant be serious, It totally defied the purpose of having an ISO file with all the information.

There is Blu-ray player in plugins then green to download plugins then extensions bluerayplayer. I haven't tried it but worth a shot. Normally I just use .ts files

Decrypt the DVD and rip in a format the box will play? Mpeg maybe, then it'll be around 750mb
Wonderful, The only thing is I will lose all the soundtracks with other languages and the subtitles, angles, quality , moreover it takes some time to convert.

...nevertheless I found a solution, it plays just fine with BlackHole 3.0.4.C

Wonderful, The only thing is I will lose all the soundtracks with other languages and the subtitles, angles, quality , moreover it takes some time to convert.

No need to be snappy, I only offered a solution and if it doesn't fit your needs then you should say thanks but no thanks.
As your already committing piracy why not download an HD copy

...nevertheless I found a solution, it plays just fine with BlackHole 3.0.4.C
You can keep all these things if you rip it with clone dvd ( the one with sheep logo) as it will give you options of what you want to keep and get rid off.

or,
if you want to burn a DVD to play on a LINUX device, why not use a Linux device to burn it to start with in a format that is compatible and suits your needs
why oh why does everyone want to start blaming their Linux box when their windoze or sMack computer cant burn something in a compatible format that suits their needs.?

Blu rays are old fashioned now. I don't get watching films on anything but a dedicated DVD or blu ray. 4k player. We may ad well stop making cinema films and release them straight to download

I must just be old then, :(
I'll go back to playing my cassettes and listening to the wireless,,,,,,,,,,

There'll be plenty of wires inside of it. I stop listening to the radio at home when you could get footie on the telly. Wouldn't do without it in the car though

No need to be snappy, I only offered a solution and if it doesn't fit your needs then you should say thanks but no thanks.
As your already committing piracy why not download an HD copy

I didn't wanted to sound snappy, Just was looking for a specific solution to a specific problem. In the future I will formulate the questions more specific to avoid situations like this one.
as to your other statement as a matter of fact I own hundreds (or thousands, i stopped counting after 1200) of (original) dvd's, I was purchasing them instead of buying lunch. even though I treasure them, keep them well stored, quite few of them now wont play. I have to find out if there is a warranty exchange. Some of them are duplicates of my original VHS tapes (purchased twice same title on different media).
So please don't judge others based on own experience.

P.S. I don't download movies, too complex, I like to have nice DVD or BD with all the decorations, and I like multi soundtracks and subtitles

I'm not judging just stating facts. I too own all orginals but not as many as you. Some twice as I have blu rays as well. Dvds don't go for much now so you may be better donating them to a charity shop

Back