HELP - No Signal What So Ever!!!

domhan

Hi Guys,

I have the Zgemma running the latest "New Vix 3.2.00* ZgemmaSter 2s, s, H1, H2 sucmnsee Backup Full Version".

I unplugged everything working fine yesterday as I was having a new desk put in my room and all that so I was altering my setup quite a bit. Having plugging everything back in I get nothing from the box. So I re-flashed and still nothing!

I have plugged the box into a lnb line that I know is working because we have a freesat box downstairs. Still no joy.

Would be great if anyone could help me with this, I know there are quite a few posts already but I have gone through them all and tried the things suggested and not getting anywhere!!!!

Thanks in advance!

you dont say which box you have or how many cables you have connected if only 1 cable place in tuner A you can check signal via menu ,set up,service earching, sat finder

Sorry, I have a Zgemma Star S (or so it says on the front!!!!) Which just has the one cable. I have done what you said many of times. The readings are:

0.0db
SNR: 0%
AGC: 0%
BER: 0
Lock: Blank

Tuner: Tuner A: BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Satellite: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Tune: Predefined transported
Transponder: 10714 H 22000 5/6

Hope this helps?
Thanks.

Try re-doing cable end and make sure no outer core is touching centre core
Also press tv on remote and put it on BBC 1

Like I said, I have tried the box with cables I know work because they give signal to the Freesat box we have.

I can't put it onto BBC 1 because there are no channels at all! Argh!

Thanks.

No, I bought one from Amazon a few months back when I bought the box.

Code:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004WBJ900?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

All worked fine until I moved my box for a few hours!!!

My reply has said it is been reviewed by an Admin. Maybe because I linked the lnb cable I use.

But no, I bought it from amazon and it is "Cable Mountain Deluxe 10m Gold Shielded F-TYPE RG59 Satellite/Cable Coaxial"

Thanks.

I had the EXACT same problem on an old F5s box and it was due to the length of the centre solid copper wire on the lnb feed. It would work on on a sky box and give no signal on the F5s, so as already mentioned, try re doing the f connector on the end - it only takes seconds.

You dont need to buy new cables. Just make sure the fconnector on the box side are correct. There is a video on YouTube showing how to end them properly. Just chop the ends of and start again. I had the exact same problem. One slight stray wire will give you no signal. If it was working and now isnt this seems the obvious culprit. You might have mislodged them when you undid them

Nightmare. I have just been and got the cable then checked the post. I will try re-ending my cable first before I put the new one on. That way I could potentially take it back for a refund! :grin:

Quick Update:

So I tried the new cable in the box and I found 9 channels.

Last edited:
Progress...

These instructions are for openatv, but the vix menus will be pretty similar.

First of all if you only have one line in make sure it is plugged in Tuner A in (bottom right one of the inputs)
Make sure it is tight, a good finger tight is needed.

Make sure tuners are set up correctly.

Menu... Setup... Service Searching... Tuner configuration.
Click on Tuner A...
Config mode... Simple
Mode... Single
Sat... 28.2E Astra 2e/2f/2g
Send DisEqc... no
Exit

Click on tuner B
Set as not configured.

Ignore autobouquets for now we will just do a manual scan.
Menu.. Setup... Service Searching... Manual Scan
Tuner...Tuner A
Type... Single Satellite
Sat... 28.2E
Network...Yes
Clear... Yes
Only Free... No

Run this and report back if you get all the channels. Should be in the region of 900+ channels. (I have just run mine and got 927)

If you still only get 9 or no where near 900, your dish has probably moved and may need realigning. I did this easily myself with a dish aligning app for my smart phone. on android there are a couple of apps... DMSsatfinder and enigma signal finder.
Initially just set the app up, get up a ladder and with out unscrewing the screws, just push and hold on the top, bottom, left or right of your dish. If you get a bit of an improvement on your signal strength you know which way you are going, so slightly loosen the relevant screws and give your dish a slight nudge and check signal strength on your phone. Don't do this excessively or you could completely lose your alignment. Just repeat until you have got 100% signal on a good channel like BBC 1.

If you get the full channel list we then need to see if autoboquets maker is set up correct.

Report back and let us know how you are getting on.

Last edited:
Im having the same problem!

I had a new SKY installation today (New dish, New cables, New box). Plugged in my zGemma 2S and when I checked sat finder and the readings are the same as the third post above:

0.0db

Ive tried scanning with AutoBouquestsMaker and it just fails and displays a message "Tuner Lock".

Im having the same problem!

I had a new SKY installation today (New dish, New cables, New box). Plugged in my zGemma 2S and when I checked sat finder and the readings are the same as the third post above:

0.0db

Ive tried scanning with AutoBouquestsMaker and it just fails and displays a message "Tuner Lock".

Autobouquets will fail if the signal is average or zero. Probably needs to be over at least 70% for autobouquets to lock on. That is why I have suggested the instructions above.

So I tried what you said kiddac.

Results in me finding 23 channels now!!

The satellite dish is hooked up to the freesat we have in the dining room and that all works fine with good signal strength. Surely the alignment of the dish can't be out otherwise that wouldn't work?

Anyhow, I downloaded 2 apps for iOS. "Dish Align" & "SatelliteLocator" Both seems to say it is fine!!

Thanks.

So I tried what you said kiddac.

Results in me finding 23 channels now!!

The satellite dish is hooked up to the freesat we have in the dining room and that all works fine with good signal strength. Surely the alignment of the dish can't be out otherwise that wouldn't work?

Anyhow, I downloaded 2 apps for iOS. "Dish Align" & "SatelliteLocator" Both seems to say it is fine!!

Thanks.

Are you sure you are doing a full satellite scan and not just one transponder?

If you are using the old type lnb They will work with skybox and frees at boxes but for some reason don't work well with the Zgemma if it's not old type try a different port on lnb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back