HELP - Octagon SF4008 Stopped Working

darrena

Stopped Working

I've just done a software update on my SF4008 after a month or two which is running the Willo VX build and it now won't restart, it just sticks on booting. Any help please?????

There was a kernel update on the image for the SF4008 incorporating new drivers.
You will need to flash from scratch by usb.

Hi Willo

I've downloaded the latest version of the software and tried to boot from a USB stick yet it stops on rootfile system?

Try it without the partition.update and update.bin in the flash file.
If that doesn't work try flashing atv 6.1 stock image and then try again.

Hi Willo tried both and neither work I'm afraid just sticks on rootfile again even with the atv stock version

All sorted thanks, just out f interest are there issues with sky channel currently as they are missing?

epg or channels not there?

If it's the epg, uninstall epgimport and then restart gui and reinstall it.
Enable all the new sources for VM and sly.

For future reference, what did you do to sort it?

The channels are there as sky channels but my sky subscription has expired but there are no vm channels for some reason for music apart from mtv live, when I do a channel scan the box never seems to come up with vm channels although they are there most the Time but comes up with 900 odd sky channels, does it deal with cables channels differently?

I removed those files replaced them with some others called recovery on another site. At first no luck, but changed to a newer USB stick and then it worked

What image or build are you using now? Have you made sure the tuners are configured and VM is enabled in Autobouquetsmaker?

Back