help pc stuck in loop

kriss

when I turn the pc on it says checking disk press any key to cancel but keyboard stop working then it says reasarting and does the same again ,when I go into settings on boot up to load new windows from usb it only goes into cmos not the usuall boot from usb really doing my head in can anyone please help thanks

Try booting up to BartPE or a similar program and running a scan. Try via cd/dvd if you cannot get it to start with USB

Go it to start but it seems like windows is not there no windows updates media player etc the problem now is can not get it to but from usb f10 just get black screen a d set up goes in CMOS any ideas cheers

what version of windows are you running?
try turning on the pc and just after the post & before you see the windows logo press F8 and see if it will allow you into the repair screen you should be able to select the option to run in safe mode.

when in safe mode you should go to start > run > & type CMD <CR>
then type chkntfs /x c: . The X tells Windows to NOT check that particular drive on the next reboot. Now manually reboot your computer, it should not do a chkdsk and should take you directly to normal Windows login.

However I would run a manual chkdsk on your hard drive and select the autorepair option eg chkdsk c: /r
as windows thinks there is an issue.

regards
Gren

Back