Help Please - USB/Timeshift ?

champion9

Hi All,

For the USb stick I plan to keep plugged into the box permantely, how do I need to format it?

I have initialised the usb with box and gone through autoboquets and epg etc and then when I try to do timeshift and set this to external HDD I get the following message,

The directory/media/hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 or NFS partion.
Make sure you select a valid partition type.

Any advice on how I can do this?

And that is done in a setting on the box? I am at work now but think I remember seeing that option last night on the box.

Did I need to format the usb before putting into the box?

Hi I did this, it seems to get to around 100% and then closes it so never really sure if it does make it to 100%.

I have gone to EPG location and it says internal flash, I cant seem to get it to see my USB stick!

So I have gone back to Converting ext3 to ext4... but it now comes up with another error message

"Converting ext3 to ext4..
Error:/de/sda1:recreate journal.
Creating journal (32768 blocks): File exists: while trying to create journal
/dev/sda1:11/262144 files (0.0% non-contiguous),17344/134216 blocks

HELP PLEASE :-(

Not 100% sure to be honest with you. I just took the usb stick and put it into my laptop and now it doesn't show so no idea how to accesss it anymore!

after a few hours....I wiped the usb using hdd software. I then used another piece of software to format the usb stick to fat32 however when I put it into the back of the zgemma box and go to initialise it I get the following message..

creating hardlink to timehsit file failed
the filesystem on your time-device does not support hardlinks
make sure it is fromatted to ext or ext3

What the heck is going on? this is my third evening of trying to get this darn box working :-(

disable timeshift, then initialise usb, then convert ext3 to ext 4 and then re-enable timeshift...job done!

On OpenATV you'll find all the time shift settings here..... MENU, Setup, Recordings & Timeshift, Timeshift Settings,

im using sucmsee openvix mate.

Really had enough with these boxes. last two nights ive spent a good 4 hours on it and today been home since 5 and infront of the box till now

---------- Post Merged at 09:41 PM ----------

just found the setting to disable it

ok it didn't work! my fat32 converted usb stick I then converted to ext3 which seem to show in the menus. I then downloaded the epg and restarted the box but it then messed it up and didn't show the usb stick again! also the epg didn't seem to work as no epg data showed up!

Any advice pleae? not even sure how I can return these usb sticks as I have used them. There were 512gb usb stick which o=maybe is the issue? could someone recommend a usb stick they have used and works for this??

---------- Post Merged at 09:04 AM ----------

ok just a thought, I am trying to use a 512gb usb stick for everything....epg and for recording channels etc should I be using two usb sticks instead? one for epg and then one for recordings?

I also had this issue, found using diskpart through command prompt to clean, create the partition and format the usb stick to work well.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back