Help please....

woody2410

Hi,

I've got a zgemma h9s box which has been working fine for the past 12/14 months no issues at all.

I don't use it every day though.

Yesterday I turned it on and it allowed me to still watch TV but when I tried to update epg it faulted out.

I put a USB in the back and tried the online flash setting and this worked but I've turned it on tonight and it's done the same but now is frozen on the start up page at first I thought it maybe the batteries as the remote will not do anything but no luck.

Is anyone around for some advice about getting it set back up.

That's all I'm getting now picture below.

Thank you IMG_20201101_202223_741.jpg

It's running 6.2?
This is years old, everyone else is on 6.4 for past six months
It could do with flashing
Thanks for your reply.

Im a complete novice at this but is anyone kind enough to do an idiots way of reflashing and getting the sky q skin which it had on before.

Thanks in advance

Is it used for sat, freesat or iptv or all three?
Do you have a copy of your line (s) as they will need to go back after reflashing.

iptv mate and yes I've got everything I need for after.

I know alot of people will say get a firestick which I already have but just prefer the zgemma personally.

OK if it's got 6.2 on now you could either flash online using the remote but it may need doing up to 3 times but each time only takes 5 minutes.
It will upgrade to a newer 6.2, then to 6.3 then finally to 6.4

Or you can install grogbuild freerange which will set everything up for you but not sure skyq skin is available but other blue sky type skins are

Either way you will need an initialised USB in the box before you start

Okay.

Well yesterday I put a USB in the back of the box and did the online flash and it worked for a while but now is just froze on that screen I posted.

I don't think it flashed otherwise you must have been using an even older version before 6.2?
Did you have to add the sky skin and iptv again?
Initialise the usb in the box, also what size USB is it?

Press menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation

Click on your USB name
Press red and wait for it to initialise

Pull the power lead out of it and put it back to see if it boots up.
If not you may be able to flash it via webif if you know the ip address of the box?

Done that a couple of times and nothing just stays on that screen.

The front of box goes red then white but nothing changes on the screen at all.

Pull the USB out of the box.
Power the box off at the back.
Put USB in laptop/pc and format it (FAT32)
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.4/zgemmah9s/openatv-6.4-zgemmah9s-20201101_usb.zip
Download the new file for your box and unzip it on your laptop/pc
Put the entire zgemma folder onto the USB and put the USB in the zgemma and power it on
At the same time keep your finger on the standby button which I think is a tiny dot under the front flap on that model, the box will flash the new openatv6.4

flashing red for a few seconds is normal boot process, if it doesn't boot up & remains stuck you will need to perform a USB flash to get it to function before you can continue to do anything more, once you have the flash files on the USB that pabloescaban linked you need to trigger the flash manually via the small 'rear black button'.

Back