Help replacing portable HDD

Dastardley

My portable HDD just died, my mrs uses it for recording the soaps so my life will be a misery till i get it sorted. :cry:

I bought a new Toshiba 1TB 3.2 Gen 1 usb device to replace the old one. It says on the box that it is formatted as NTFS.

I'm an old codger (65) and have completely forgot how to go about setting the portable hdd up on the Zgemma, I am hoping some knowlegable forum member can help me.

I don't know if I have to do anything with the old portable hdd other than just unplug it from the backof the Zgemma box before trying to install the new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. A step-by-step idiots guide would be ideal.

I have the Wooshbuild installed.

Thanks.

Unplug the old one first then install the new one and it should pickup new HHD with a message (No displayable files found) Something like that.

1) Press menu
2) Storage ( Blue button) On woosh openatv i think it will be listed
3) Initialize Devices
4) New HHD should be listed click on it then red button to Initialize
5) You may need to mount it in Mount manager as well after

Unplug the old one first then install the new one and it should pickup new HHD with a message (No displayable files found) Something like that.

1) Press menu
2) Storage ( Blue button) On woosh openatv i think it will be listed
3) Initialize Devices
4) New HHD should be listed click on it then red button to Initialize
5) You may need to mount it in Mount manager as well after
Hi, thanks. Plugged the new one in. got the (no displayable files found) message.
Pressed Menu, but no 'Storage' button shown....pressed blue button anyway...nothing happened.

When i click menu i get the following options :
Info Panel
XCplugin
Information
Timers
Plugins
Setup
Standby/Restart

no mention of storage.

Hi, thanks. Plugged the new one in. got the (no displayable files found) message.
Pressed Menu, but no 'Storage' button shown....pressed blue button anyway...nothing happened.

Info Panel
XCplugin
Information
Timers
Plugins
Setup
Standby/Restart

no mention of storage.
I found it in Setup! i have inititalised....how do I mount it?

Info Panel
XCplugin
Information
Timers
Plugins
Setup
Standby/Restart

no mention of storage.
As grog mentioned i am not a user of openatv (German software) so not 100% familiar with it but process is the same.

Today I have a problem. I recorded two programs to watch later. As I recorded them the station I was watching froze and when pressing the enter button on my remote where it brings up the name of the station and program you are watching a little red R came up, showing that a program was recording (although we hadn't recorded that program.....when trying other channels, a channel would only play for a minute or so before freezing. I removed the portable hard drive....and I could then view all channels with no issue. I added the portable hard drive again and the zegamma booted of it's own accord, and then kept rebooting itself. I remove the hard drive and the zgemma works with no problem. So now I am stuck with this new portable harddrive that I cannot actually attach to the Zgemma (or it will just continuously reboot). Is there a way I can maybe clear the hard drive (reformat?) on a pc to at least get another try at installing it successfuly to the Zgemma? Any help appreciated (again) guys.

Thank you.

Today I have a problem. I recorded two programs to watch later. As I recorded them the station I was watching froze and when pressing the enter button on my remote where it brings up the name of the station and program you are watching a little red R came up, showing that a program was recording (although we hadn't recorded that program.....when trying other channels, a channel would only play for a minute or so before freezing. I removed the portable hard drive....and I could then view all channels with no issue. I added the portable hard drive again and the zegamma booted of it's own accord, and then kept rebooting itself. I remove the hard drive and the zgemma works with no problem. So now I am stuck with this new portable harddrive that I cannot actually attach to the Zgemma (or it will just continuously reboot). Is there a way I can maybe clear the hard drive (reformat?) on a pc to at least get another try at installing it successfuly to the Zgemma? Any help appreciated (again) guys.

Thank you.
just realised zgemma h2s ,anyway I think you are talking recording satellite channels, not iptv but even though it is portable usb hard drive you cannot just unplug it when zgemma is working, as some good members advised before initialse hard drive then convert to ext4 also timeshift folder will be there so start again initialese drive and keep ip plugged in at all times.

Back