Help requested for creating button hotkey to complete AutoBouquetsMaker Scan

killwe102

Hello all,

first time poster here.

I have been working on setting up OpenATV 5.1 Image on a Zgemma H.S, and have pretty much got everything working bar 1 issue.

I have been racking my brain and frantically googling for hours, simply trying to program a hot key, that when pressed, carries out an ABM Scan.

so far all i have been able to achieve is to program a button to come to the ABM Main screen.

Wondering if the clever people on this forum are able to point me in the right direction or provide some advice?

Many thanks in advance.

Killwe102

Why are you wanting to do this?

ABM automatically updates at a time you set with nightly, weekly etc... (and if yours doesn't you just need to change it in ABM settings)

And if you think a channel has moved is it really that much effort of going in ABM screen and manually running a scan. You have already sussed out the lazy way of avoiding going through 3 menus. (button setup/hotkey setup)

Personally I don't understand your logic for wanting this.

Also, you can show it as a plugin/or on main menu(can't mind which) and as soon as you click on it it will do a scan so will save you going through all the menus if this is the reason?

Why are you wanting to do this?

ABM automatically updates at a time you set with nightly, weekly etc... (and if yours doesn't you just need to change it in ABM settings)

And if you think a channel has moved is it really that much effort of going in ABM screen and manually running a scan. You have already sussed out the lazy way of avoiding going through 3 menus. (button setup/hotkey setup)

Personally I don't understand your logic for wanting this.

I want to have a one button scan, should the automated scan not work, or by chance is out of date. Also this is for my Mother, who is not techy and will probably end up in the wrong menu and mess up the settings!

thanks for the advice though.

Also, you can show it as a plugin/or on main menu(can't mind which) and as soon as you click on it it will do a scan so will save you going through all the menus if this is the reason?

Hi there,

thanks for the reply, I figured out from what you messaged, in the ABM configuration menu, there is an option to "add to extensions" when this is set to yes, you can then program a hotkey in the menu to choose "autobouquetsmaker scanner"

when the button is tied to this option, as required, when the desired button is pressed, the ABM scan indeed begins!

thanks for you help and advice!

Back