Help required - complete setup needed

kingcobra

Hi, i recently made a thread but kind of sent the wrong message across with what i was asking for, so im going to ask again in clearer terms.

I am looking to get a new setup for watching TV , the current one i have seems , well crap, its an openbox v8s , with a cline subscription i bought off eBay, however i now read these are outdated and not really worth updating.

So my question is , can anyone advise of me a simple, virtually plug and play , box i can buy, to watch live TV, sports, movies etc etc, i dont need VOD or recording software , i also dont need access to movie streaming or catch up tv, i quite literally just want something where i can open a "TV guide" flick through some channels, and put it on TV.

Please help!

Sorry to be blunt but it sounds like you want SKY tv or maybe now tv.

Satellite tv no longer available for most channels as you have seen unless you could be bothered with a big dish and a motor but I guess not. Cable tv could give you what you want if you have virgin in your street. IPTV but you say you dont want to steam movies and all iptv is via streaming via the internet, come to think of it so is now tv.

If there's no cable tv in your area you can't have cable theres motorised sattalite or theres iptv as posted previous there the options if you dont want to pay sly prices each month. Box wise the v8s can be updated if genuine box theres many different types of boxes you can have theres zgemma boxes mag boxes vu+ boxes android boxes i think theres Eddison boxes could be wrong to name a few

Last edited:
Hi, i recently made a thread but kind of sent the wrong message across with what i was asking for, so im going to ask again in clearer terms.

I am looking to get a new setup for watching TV , the current one i have seems , well crap, its an openbox v8s , with a cline subscription i bought off eBay, however i now read these are outdated and not really worth updating.

So my question is , can anyone advise of me a simple, virtually plug and play , box i can buy, to watch live TV, sports, movies etc etc, i dont need VOD or recording software , i also dont need access to movie streaming or catch up tv, i quite literally just want something where i can open a "TV guide" flick through some channels, and put it on TV.

Please help!
Hi mate
The Mag256 is a good box to watch TV, although it'll probably come with vod from your provider, it's a very easy box to set up and as long as you get a good provider you won't have many problems albeit as long as your aware it's iptv and you may get the odd glitch. Ask for a 24hr test, also ask is there an epg some have and some don't. Mine costs me £65 for the year and it's spot on. Hope this helps.

If you have cable in your area, this is the way forward, you can get a quality box, zgemma H2.H for example from the site sponsors for about £70
then you'd need a line.

Sky boxes are still available for a similar price but Sky uk have pulled the plug on sports/movies etc

IPTV is an option but a last resort only if Cable isn't available

IPTV doesn't always require a box, you can have it straight to your Firestick or Smart TV

If you have cable in your area, this is the way forward, you can get a quality box, zgemma H2.H for example from the site sponsors for about £70
then you'd need a line.

Sky boxes are still available for a similar price but Sky uk have pulled the plug on sports/movies etc

IPTV is an option but a last resort only if Cable isn't available

IPTV doesn't always require a box, you can have it straight to your Firestick or Smart TV
Maybe zgemma is the way to go, but didn't the o.p. Want a simple virtual plug and play box pablo? You won't get one much easier than the Mag boxes to set up. Just my penny worth ....

Maybe zgemma is the way to go, but didn't the o.p. Want a simple virtual plug and play box pablo? You won't get one much easier than the Mag boxes to set up. Just my penny worth ....

Yes but he may already have a firestick or smart tv and he can watch iptv on these in the next five minutes without spending any money :(y):

Back