Help required: Looking at buying a Chinese version phone, but I live in the UK

Atari2600

Hello all,
Need help from “phone expert”

I’m looking at buying a Oppo phone that is a Chinese version (not made for Europe)

How can I check to see if this phone will work properly on uk networks, and also with my provider (vodaphone / VOXI) for
3G and 4G ?

I know all google related apps including google play store is blocked but you can install it plenty of YouTube videos out there.

I assume I will have no probs installing..
Facebook, YouTube, google chrome,

Will I be able to use “OK google” voice ?

Hope you guys can help
Thanks

which model of Oppo phone ???

sim free Oppo phones
SIM Free Phones | Carphone Warehouse

Hi yes sim free

And yes I had a look at carphone warehouse
£449 isn’t bad for the normal reno
But the reno 10x at £699 to expensive for me

I’ve seen the reno 10x for £549 but it’s Chinese version

I’ve done a bit more searching and it seems the Chinese version will work as the handset is compatible with uk network frequencies

Have a look at Xiaomi phones. They run android with their own version layered over it called Miui. I find them to be excellent phones, make sure you buy one with the global rom and it will work in the uk with playstore. I'm on vodafone and other members of my family have them on different networks with no issues whatsoever.
Just a suggestion and well worth a look

i guess you have to pay import duty fees and the rest of it ??

Have a look at Xiaomi phones. They run android with their own version layered over it called Miui. I find them to be excellent phones, make sure you buy one with the global rom and it will work in the uk with playstore. I'm on vodafone and other members of my family have them on different networks with no issues whatsoever.
Just a suggestion and well worth a look

hi
yes i was also looking at these ,
excellent spec and for the price very very good,

but i just didnt like the weird colour on the back for the mi 9t -
i guess im in love with the reno lool

but yes Xiaomi are very good phones - almost half the price of some apple / samsung phones and spec are same if not far better

I purchased a uk spec version if ebayv
Same price as the Chinese version
Only 2 months old still under warranty
And with 256gm memory

Happy days

Back